Audio differences between AV receivers in the same range.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I am wonderingt if someone can give me some help as to the audio differences between models in a range, specifically the Hamaha AV amps. 

Given the following amps each the next step up the range:

A863SE

RXV1900

RXV3900

Z7 

at which step is there the biggest jump in audio quality? I understand the technology improvements each model gives (or at least most of them!) but am finding it harder to get a subjective idea about the audio side. I would audition but none of my local dealers have more than one model in stock, and currently nothing above the 763. I only have the SONY DG820 driving the KEF 2005.3 now so I suspect they will all sound amazing to my untrained ears, however am planning a PMC speaker upgrade in the not too distant future. Prob goign to upgrade the amp first though, and only want to do it once!

Any more info on the improvements each  step up the ladder brings would be great, thanks everyone.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Big jumps between the 863 and the 1900 and again between the 3900 and the Z7. If you are opting for PMC's then you should be looking firmly at the Z7. The difference in power delivery and the quality of the output will make the most of your speakers. I would continue to hunt for a demonstration.

Nick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts