attenuated interconnects

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
The Rothwells.

Now I've had them a day or so and listened to 2 different albums, I can say I'm pleased with the outcome. After the posistive review I gave after listening to the Martin Grech album, I stuck 'Silhouettes' by Textures on, and my heart sank a little. The sound had lost it's energy and pep. The detail and "quality" were still present, but it didn't get my foot tapping/head banging as it had done before the attenuators.

However......

After letting it play on a loop for a couple of hours while I was upstairs, I revisted Textures and re-listened to the whole album again. I'm much happier now. The vigour seems to have returned for the most part, and the previous improvement in detail is still there. Overall I'd class it as two steps forward, one step back. The benefits outweigh the negatives. Not bad for a relatively modest outlay.

I think I have to re-tweak my sub though, as it's overplaying at the moment.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Nope, but have been using the Rothwells for years and they're excellent.

I'm going to give these a shot in my system. Two questions:

1) Where do they go? At the CD output end of the interconnect or the amp input end?

2) What effect do they have on the useable range of the volume control as regards clipping? For example, if your amp normally started clipping at 12 o'clock, would it still do so with the Rothwells fitted (i.e. clipping would set in at a lower volume level)?

A

Anonymous

Thanks matengawhat.

By the way, I see you're ebaying your sub. How come?

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
i have bought a pair of Monitor Audio pl100s so decided to sell it - already sold my xpack deck, my toppy box and my focals will be going on shortly

wish i had bought a black one now as would have kept it then but clashes with ebony pls

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts