Question ATH-M50xBT vs Marshall MID ANC vs Momentum 2 Wireless, any suggestions?

KLiu

Nov 26, 2019
Visit site
I am thinking of getting a good pair of headphone this Black Friday Deal.

I'm not an audiophile, but I do enjoy good sound quality. The best I've had is a pair of in-ear Audio Technica from years ago and I'm now mostly using mPow's Bluetooth S10 sport earphone. I listen to rock and pop music more, like the National and King Krule that sort... don't think I'm a bass head but good bass is good.

I was actually quite curious about ANC ones, but read something about them saying that the sound quality won't be as good and the ANC only works better for low frequency noise. I rarely do long journies on planes or trains, but I do listen to things on buses or when walking.

Please if anyone has had any recommendation?
I also care about the look and design so I like Marshall's retro design, M50x's techy design and Momentum's design is also good.

My budget is around £200, but can go up if it's really worth it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

MMohammed

Community Manager
Oct 28, 2019
Visit site
No I use the Bluetooth in-ear ones, when working out they are lighter.
In that case, out of the three you mentioned, I'd go for the Marshall ANC. I have a feeling they look even better in person, and they're a pretty great buy for the performance (if you don't mind the fact that they're slightly above your stated budget).

D

Deleted member 188533

Black Friday is over and this is probably moot but the Sennheiser will have the best sound quality with the Marshall pulling in second. The M50X BT is still an M50X with its bloated bass that bleeds into the mids and uneven treble. Terribly overrated and over recommended headphone in general. Well if Beats is the sound signature you like then you might like the M50X. Otherwise stay away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts