I have a specific question about Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear.

germandowski

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for my bad English but I'm Italian and I'm helping with google translator.
I bought the sony mdr 1a and ath msr7.
SONY MDR1A
PRO: lightness and comfort; low very present, warm sound.
AGAINST: the voices seemed distant (as if the singers were a meter away from the microphone, it is not easy to describe it for me); very dynamic, closed sound (even that is not easy to explain to me)
ATH MSR7
PRO: really very detailed sound, bass less present of sony (but is positive because these headphones emit only low realmenente present in the song)
CONS: uncomfortable for long listening sessions as a bit 'heavier and a little more stringent in the ears, voices and generally annoying too high and sharp (it's okay if you listen to music for 30 minutes but after some time they start be annoying to the ears), very dynamic sound (you can hear all the instruments)
I held these headphones about 10 days each and then I returned:
Sony -> because of the speech of the distant voices from the sound stage
msr -> because of the so detailed and high voices to be annoying after a few songs. (I cried my heart but I had to do it)
I kindly ask you to avoid controversy on what I have written about these headphones. I'm not an audiophile but only a person who, if possible, he likes to listen to good music.

PRE QUESTION : Use only headphones to listen to music (flac) with fiio x1, at home or around the city by public transport. My favorite genre is rock in general (ac / dc, hardbone, zz top, etc.) but I listen to a bit of everything from classical to pop, etc.
QUESTION: I have thought about buying the Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear because I read here and in other forums, which are similar to ath msr7 but with a less detailed sound (but warmer) and a little bit more low. More suitable for extended periods. Do you think would do a good buy considering the judgment that I gave to Sony and Sennheiser above?
ps. if you have other headphones advise me, I'm happy to listen to you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to me.

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
germandowski said:
Sorry for my bad English but I'm Italian and I'm helping with google translator..I bought the sony mdr 1a and ath msr7..SONY MDR1APRO: lightness and comfort; low very present, warm sound.AGAINST: the voices seemed distant (as if the singers were a meter away from the microphone, it is not easy to describe it for me); very dynamic, closed sound (even that is not easy to explain to me).ATH MSR7PRO: really very detailed sound, bass less present of sony (but is positive because these headphones emit only low realmenente present in the song)CONS: uncomfortable for long listening sessions as a bit 'heavier and a little more stringent in the ears, voices and generally annoying too high and sharp (it's okay if you listen to music for 30 minutes but after some time they start be annoying to the ears), very dynamic sound (you can hear all the instruments).I held these headphones about 10 days each and then I returned:Sony -> because of the speech of the distant voices from the sound stagemsr -> because of the so detailed and high voices to be annoying after a few songs. (I cried my heart but I had to do it).I kindly ask you to avoid controversy on what I have written about these headphones. I'm not an audiophile but only a person who, if possible, he likes to listen to good music. PRE QUESTION : Use only headphones to listen to music (flac) with fiio x1, at home or around the city by public transport. My favorite genre is rock in general (ac / dc, hardbone, zz top, etc.) but I listen to a bit of everything from classical to pop, etc..QUESTION: I have thought about buying the Sennheiser Momentum 2 over ear because I read here and in other forums, which are similar to ath msr7 but with a less detailed sound (but warmer) and a little bit more low. More suitable for extended periods. Do you think would do a good buy considering the judgment that I gave to Sony and Sennheiser above?.ps. if you have other headphones advise me, I'm happy to listen to you..Thank you so much for taking the time to me.

The Momentum "over ear" may not go "around your ear" like those other headphones. But if it fits you OK, then it should be much less irritating for sharpness, and it should also be present, not distant.

germandowski

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
dalethorn said:
The Momentum "over ear" may not go "around your ear" like those other headphones. But if it fits you OK, then it should be much less irritating for sharpness, and it should also be present, not distant

Thank you so much for your clarification. At amazon Italian the description is probably wrong. I could help define what the true Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 who are confused?

The model name is:

1) Momentum OVER-EAR G (M2) -> https://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-Momentum-OVER-EAR-M2-Headset/dp/B00SL2ZYFU/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

or

2) MOMENTUM G (M2) -> https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00RGH758U/ref=twister_B00Y2K0J9G?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Momentum OVER-EAR G (M2)

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
germandowski said:
dalethorn said:
The Momentum "over ear" may not go "around your ear" like those other headphones. But if it fits you OK, then it should be much less irritating for sharpness, and it should also be present, not distant

Thank you so much for your clarification. At amazon Italian the description is probably wrong. I could help define what the true Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 who are confused?

The model name is: 1) Momentum OVER-EAR G (M2) -> https://www.amazon.it/Sennheiser-Momentum-OVER-EAR-M2-Headset/dp/B00SL2Z... 2) MOMENTUM G (M2) -> https://www.amazon.it/dp/B00RGH758U/ref=twister_B00Y2K0J9G?_encoding=UTF...

Momentum OVER-EAR G (M2)

I will help you to understand. The term "over ear" is a scam. It was created for headphones like the Momentum, to divert people's attention away from the fact that it doesn't go around most ears. For example, the Beyer DT770 and the Sennheiser HD800 go "around ears", the Beyer T51p and Sennheiser HD25 go "on ears", and the Sennheiser Momentum (original version) is partly on and partly around.

germandowski

Nov 20, 2016
Visit site
dalethorn said:
I will help you to understand. The term "over ear" is a scam. It was created for headphones like the Momentum, to divert people's attention away from the fact that it doesn't go around most ears. For example, the Beyer DT770 and the Sennheiser HD800 go "around ears", the Beyer T51p and Sennheiser HD25 go "on ears", and the Sennheiser Momentum (original version) is partly on and partly around.

So if I understand correctly around the ear version does not exist for momentum?It scares me a bit ', I prefer around the ear, I do not want the pavilion of the headphones touches my ears.Or could you tell me other headphones with closed dynamic? (Always bearing in mind the considerations which I wrote above about sony and msr7) Thank you very much.

TRENDING THREADS