ATC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
edplaysdrums42 said:
Hi Rick

Are there any pictures of the new SCM11's available yet?

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

As i posted earlier pictures of some of ATC's new products (including the first production curved SCM11 monitors) are on the home page of our website and now on our facebook page (which i am trying to get used to :?)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

edplaysdrums42

May 2, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
edplaysdrums42 said:
Hi Rick

Are there any pictures of the new SCM11's available yet?

Cheers, Ed

Hi Ed

As i posted earlier pictures of some of ATC's new products (including the first production curved SCM11 monitors) are on the home page of our website and now on our facebook page (which i am trying to get used to :?)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Cheers Rick. They look very nice but would be nice to see a shot of them slightly further away. ;)

I dont do facebook.

bluedroog

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
To my taste these look horrible and cheap. And I love ATC!

unfortunaltey I agree, the 7 look reminiscent of speakers in the £120 region. Of course I'm sure in the flesh they look better and are of good build quality but no, the looks are way off for me. The old ones were no picture but I frankly prefer their functional looks over these, they most likely have tried to move away from that function look by trying to o stylish yet simple but have spectacularly failed from my point of view.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
bluedroog said:
AlmaataKZ said:

unfortunaltey I agree, the 7 look reminiscent of speakers in the £120 region. Of course I'm sure in the flesh they look better and are of good build quality but no, the looks are way off for me. The old ones were no picture but I frankly prefer their functional looks over these, they most likely have tried to move away from that function look by trying to o stylish yet simple but have spectacularly failed from my point of view.

exactly

Hi bluedroog

A mix up unfortunately and i apologise for the mix up.

The only prices for the new Entry Series of monitors at the moment are -

curved SCM7's (cherry) £810/pair and curved SCM11's (cherry) £1200/pair

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

steve_1979 said:
matt49 said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Pictures of some of the new ATC components are on the home page of our website

Thanks, Rick.

ATC-New-SCM7-black-above_grill-off.jpg

I guess they're monitors, so not designed to look friendly in a living room (and they look worse with the grills on IMO.)

Is black the only finish? Any news of prices?

Matt

That looks rather smart. Hopefully they'll do some other veneers too.

Hi steve_1979

The Entry Series will also be available in Cherry finish.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
AlmaataKZ said:
bluedroog said:
AlmaataKZ said:

exactly

Again, as an ATC fan I would agree, they look really cheap compared to the last models, and the previous generation.

They have also gone up a lot, £800 from £500 when the last updated models were done, I thought the SCM7 was a no-brainer at the old price, not so sure with the new one.

I much prefer the classic look of the SCM10 to the curved SCM7/11, as mentioned, they look like £100 wharfedales.

6328848033_e5c9a0068b_b.jpg

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
hoopsontoast said:
They have also gone up a lot, £800 from £500 when the last updated models were done, I thought the SCM7 was a no-brainer at the old price, not so sure with the new one.
To be fair, the SCM7s were £605 and £639, so although they have gone up a bit, it doesn't sound as bad as going up from £500 :)

I much prefer the classic look of the SCM10 to the curved SCM7/11, as mentioned, they look like £100 wharfedales.
I do think that the fact that they resemble the current Wharfedale Diamond series isn't helping at the moment, but seeing as they are real wood veneers, seeing them in the flesh will help, rather than seeing a photo. And obviously, a side by side comparison will let you hear where the extra money went :)

Tannoy use a similar cabinet shape for their Precision range, which starts at £899, but I suppose the driver layout differentiates it from other speakers.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
bluedroog said:
AlmaataKZ said:

Look cheap to me too. Drivers look great as usual, but the cabinet has something about it that makes it look mass market.

hoopsontoast said:
Again, as an ATC fan I would agree, they look really cheap compared to the last models, and the previous generation.

I much prefer the classic look of the SCM10 to the curved SCM7/11

6328848033_e5c9a0068b_b.jpg

Hi hoopsontoast

The previous SCM7's (cherry) and SCM11 (cherry) bowed out at £643 and £1088 respectively. Just as with the old range i also believe the new curved Entry Series monitors are fairly priced and just as with the old range the new curved monitors offer levels of reproduction that punch far above their weight.

Anyway, i don't feel the new ATC's curved Entry Series monitors look cheap at all. They look even better in flesh and offer a higher level of build, fit and finishing then their predecessors
smiley-smile.gif
These ATC's are unlikely to win design awards however for these ATC's their real beauty lies within. ATC's great LF, LF/Mid and Mid range drive units have now finally been complimented with first of ATC's new HF drive units - their excellent new SH25-76 which is incorporated in the new curved Entry Series
smiley-cool.gif

No bling ATC monitoring. The sound of accuracy. Naturally.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I was refering to the SCM7 (Second Generation) when it first came out which was £499 RRP, when I bought my pair anyway. :rofl:

I think the new model should be better as you say it has the new ATC tweeter, which is the only downside to the outgoing model in my experience, the cheaper Vifa tweeter, I prefered the D27 one, which is why overall I prefered the SCM10 to the SCM7.

hoopsontoast said:
I was refering to the SCM7 (Second Generation) when it first came out which was £499 RRP, when I bought my pair anyway. :rofl:

I think the new model should be better as you say it has the new ATC tweeter, which is the only downside to the outgoing model in my experience, the cheaper Vifa tweeter, I prefered the D27 one, which is why overall I prefered the SCM10 to the SCM7.

Hi hoopsontoast

The previous SCM7's were priced at £499 too when launched in July 2006 :grin:

Anyway as i said before the reproduction from new SH25-76 HF unit is remarkable. Wow
smiley-cool.gif
So much so that the SH25-76 helps the new curved SCM11's to outperform the previous SCM19's. This is no mean feat as you know how highly i rate SCM19's
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

krolikgena said:
Rick, so i suppose the new curved scm19 should outperform even much pricier scm20sl? :)

Hi krolikgena

Probably. Then again ATC are currently also working on a Super SH25-76 HF drive unit which is for ATC's ranges/series/models above their Entry Series of monitors. The Super SH25-76 should also feature in the SCM20SL's . If so then with the incorporation of the Super SH25-76 and other improvements should help the SCM20SL monitors to offer an even higher level of reproduction.

Anyway in the meantime try and listen to the new curved SCM7 and curved SCM11 monitors as both are seriously good
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
matt49 said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Thanks, Rick.

I guess they're monitors, so not designed to look friendly in a living room (and they look worse with the grills on IMO.)

Matt

I do prefere this new look of ATC entry level speakers! I demo the ATC SCM11 last year and love them, and i demo the dyns after, and the sound was very close.

Having two speaker that sound so close (to my ears) i've bought the better looking IMO, the Dyns x12!

But if the look was this and the sound sig is the same i defenetly had bought this new model instead!

You can not please everyone! :grin:

:cheers:

Hi-FiOutlaw said:
matt49 said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Thanks, Rick.

Matt

I do prefere this new look of ATC entry level speakers! I demo the ATC SCM11 last year and love them, and i demo the dyns after, and the sound was very close.

Having two speaker that sound so close (to my ears) i've bought the better looking IMO, the Dyns x12!

But if the look was this and the sound sig is the same i defenetly had bought this new model instead!

Hi Hi-FiOutlaw

I also prefer the look of the new curved Entry Series monitors. Like I said before these ATC's look even better in the flesh. Clean, simple and elegant designs. Neat.

As for performance the new curved SCM11's hit their predecessors out of the park for a six and with the previous SCM19's not far behind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

***** alchemist 1. Sorry for missing your post. I'll reply later. Even I need some sleep :grin: *****

alchemist 1

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
matt49 said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Thanks, Rick. Grazie,....night owl....:)

Matt

Hi Hi-FiOutlaw

I also prefer the look of the new curved Entry Series monitors. Like I said before these ATC's look even better in the flesh. Clean, simple and elegant designs. Neat.

As for performance the new curved SCM11's hit their predecessors out of the park for a six and with the previous SCM19's not far behind.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

***** alchemist 1. Sorry for missing your post. I'll reply later. Even I need some sleep :grin: *****

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts