ATC SCM35 Speakers - Info Please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
There's a pair up for sale on Fleabay right now. Seller lives in Fraserburgh (which is on the North-East coast of Scotland about 60 miles North of me).

Any info on these and what they'd be like paired to a Cyrus system would be appreciated.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Just had a quick search for them and can't find anything - linky?

Treat thm as the forerunner to the SCM40. Similar design and size, just don't expect the to maybe be asrefined as the 40's. Contacting ATC directly, they'll be able to tell you everything you want to know
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

PS I call first dibs, as the American half of my family would say.
emotion-1.gif

Darren Heal:

There's a pair up for sale on Fleabay right now. Seller lives in Fraserburgh (which is on the North-East coast of Scotland about 60 miles North of me).

Any info on these and what they'd be like paired to a Cyrus system would be appreciated.

Hi Darren Heal

The SCM35's are still excellent speakers however ime Cyrus electronics do not work well with them.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

dim_span:

a bit of a drive to collect, but may be worth it

That must win the "understatement of the week prize"!!!!!!
emotion-2.gif

For what it'd cost me in petrol (1500 mile round trip / 30 mpg = 50 gallons x 5/gallon = 150 quid) and two nights in Travelodges (another 120+ quid) plus the final price of the speakers themselves I'm half-way to buying some new Spendors or something!!

A

Anonymous

Darren Heal:dim_span:

a bit of a drive to collect, but may be worth it

That must win the "understatement of the week prize"!!!!!!
emotion-2.gif

For what it'd cost me in petrol (1500 mile round trip / 30 mpg = 50 gallons x 5/gallon = 150 quid) and two nights in Travelodges (another 120+ quid) plus the final price of the speakers themselves I'm half-way to buying some new Spendors or something!!

you obviously are 'wet behind the ears' when it comes to buying off ebay .... if it's too much hassle to collect something that is heavy and far away, you can hire a man with a van to deliver, but just have to perhaps wait a week or 2 ... if you search ebay for courier, you will see that for £50 you can have them delivered (carefully) ... My wife sells full time on ebay ... and we sell large items (wardrobes/and antique furniture/collectables)

we bought my daughter a 1930's vintage bicycle from wales ... paid £50 to have it delivered ... total cost including delivery was £145 ... similar bike in London sells for more than £300

the ATC's are on £310 with reserve not met ... so maybe £450+? ... I still say that those rogers may be a good buy, but your call ... they are newly listed (listed an hour ago and will be 'snapped up' shortly as they are quality

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:Can you both calm down, please...?

just trying to help
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:

Hi Darren Heal

The SCM35's are still excellent speakers however ime Cyrus electronics do not work well with them.

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

What about Monitor Audio RS8's? Good clearance prices on these at the moment.....

And from the left field - how about a pair of Mission 753s?

A

Anonymous

Darren, perhaps you are going around in circles and need to calm down a bit
emotion-2.gif

do a thorough research on suitable speakers based on your existing hifi equipment, then make a shortlist of 2 speakers, and only then start searching for a bargain ...

seems like you are trying to rush which is not always a good thing?

A

Anonymous

Trying to get this sorted before I go overseas, possibly as soom as the week after next. Sounds stupid I know but that's the way I do things. Twenty-odd years of life in offshore construction has left me somewhat keen to get things done ASAP, not sit around and ponder.

Also, with so many ****ing options it's hard to come up with a shortlist in the first place!!!

A

Anonymous

Darren Heal:

Sounds stupid I know but that's the way I do things. Twenty-odd years of life in offshore construction has left me somewhat keen to get things done ASAP, not sit around and ponder.

so stop 'pondering' and get the rogers speakers
emotion-2.gif

jokes aside, if you are going offshore, dont rush it as you cannot take your hifi with you ... do your research (properly), then buy when you get back home again ...

A

Anonymous

dim_span:Darren Heal:

Sounds stupid I know but that's the way I do things. Twenty-odd years of life in offshore construction has left me somewhat keen to get things done ASAP, not sit around and ponder.

so stop 'pondering' and get the rogers speakers
emotion-2.gif

jokes aside, if you are going offshore, dont rush it as you cannot take your hifi with you ... do your research (properly), then buy when you get back home again ...

Not offshore, just oversea. Was hoping for Indonesia
emotion-11.gif
but Holland more likely now
emotion-6.gif
If it's Holland I'll be home every other weekend unless I move there permanently. Either way (and in best three year old kid at the supermarket whose mum has just said "no!" to the cereal he wants) I want my speakers and I want them now!!!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Darren Heal:And from the left field - how about a pair of Mission 753s?Forget 753's unless they're extremely cheap - used to quite like them, but heard a pair that came in for repair recently and let's just say, time hasn't been kind to them......

Darren Heal:MUSICRAFT:

Hi Darren Heal

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

What about Monitor Audio RS8's? Good clearance prices on these at the moment.....

And from the left field - how about a pair of Mission 753s?

Hi Darren Heal

Both of these will be fine however in the first instance consider the RS8's.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Cot a bid on a pair of ex-display ProAC Studio 140s right now. Black ash, not my favourite, but at 500 quid off full new price I might be able to live with it. Will keep you posted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts