admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi ive just got these speakers and iove them they have about 15 hours on them just wondered how they will change with time as they already produce low enough base just abit more definition would be nice. do you think better stands will help as im using my sa1 stands at the moment until i sell them also can anyone reccomend good cables im using chord signature at the moment which have worked with previous speakers but not sure there right for these was thinking trying epic. the music i listen to is mainly hiphop /dance thanks

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i have to say, i didn't notice a change in sound with my scm19s. others will say different. don't know about different stands, i had mine on atacama hms2 filled 3/4 full with atabites. i am not a cable believer, i'd flog the chord stuff and use bog standard copper cable - it is just a bit of wire. :)

Hi edd

Nice one :clap: I believe SCM19 monitors are probably the VFM bookshelf speakers currently available on the market regardless of price :)

Anyway since 2006 i've found Soundstyle's XS122 speaker stands and simple standard 500 multistrand OFC speaker cables to be the most effective for SCM19 monitors :rockout:

All best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

thanks rick have u ever tried them with partington heavis ireally think there industrial looks suit the atc and also dont they lose out on anything with cheaper cables ive always noticed the difference moving up the cable range ihad epic before and loved the base but moving to signature put so much emotion in with my previous speakers just think with atc it could be adding to much energy in the trebble thanks

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
edd said:
thanks rick have u ever tried them with partington heavis ireally think there industrial looks suit the atc and also dont they lose out on anything with cheaper cables ive always noticed the difference moving up the cable range ihad epic before and loved the base but moving to signature put so much emotion in with my previous speakers just think with atc it could be adding to much energy in the trebble thanks

Where cables are concerned, the only opinion that matters is your own. If you hear a worthwhile difference keep them, if not, sell them and buy some music with the saving.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
edd said:

I use 11s with Partington Dreadnought Broadsides, and know of at least one person on atcforums who used 19s with the same stands, I agree with you on the synergy of looks and they are also one of the few stands big and heavy enough to cope with these speakers (along with Rick's suggestion). Some old photos:

019.jpg

015.jpg

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Hi edd, I've recently had a cable downgrade and am now using some pro XLRs between components and generic copper speaker cable. If you fancy an upgrade I've got a few things on eBay ;)

(Mods, that's a joke not trading!)

A

Anonymous

im also thinking about downgrading cable how does ur new speaker cable sound what did u have before

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
I had Ecosse MS2.4. It certainly looked the business! The new cable either sounds the same or so similar that I wouldn't be confident picking the difference if I ABXed the 2. Given the money that I can make selling the Ecosse I didn't have much motivation to get my gf to do cable swapping for an afternoon!

MattSPL

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a pair of scm19's. Great speakers.

I found they only fully opened up after about 200hrs. The end of those hours was a house party with the speakers up loud for about 3 hours straight.

If your using a single run of speaker cable, not bi-wiring, make sure you remove the brass jumper bars and replace them with off cuts of speaker cable.

hoopsontoast

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
IME with the ATC speakers, they do a lot better on high mass stands, the SA1 stands are designed for the SA1's and quite lightweight as their design is a little different.

I used very very heavy Target R-series with the 7's and they made a huge difference, I think the R6 model, if you can find some would be ideal!

edd said:

Hi edd

Your welcome.

Yes, i have tried Partington stands however i've found XS122's to most effective for ATC's monitors.

ATC's monitors are low distortion, flat and honest designs. If standard speaker cables were not up to scratch then i wouldn't use them. Keep it simple. Simple is best :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts