ATC SCM11 vs SCM12 with arcam amps or active monitors

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
luckylion100 said:
and anyone else that chooses to find fault and put words into my mouth...

I didn't suggest the 'fallout' came from yourself or any of the other participants at the bakeoff. It was fallout on here and on another forum. But as per you choose to take issue, your problem not mine.

My opinion is that at times the reaction was posionous and I quite agree it was from people that didn't attend and perhaps had never heard any of the speakers involved. Like so many other things here, perceived levels of posion are a subjective matter.

I was simply offering some input to the OP as he mentioned the speakers I currently own and the bake off feedback played a big part in my decision. Hence I thought it was relevant so brought it up.
luckylion100, can you please tell me where I put words into your mouth? In my previous post I was merely responding to this comment that you made:
Yes it was a complete shot in the dark (having never auditioned) and primarily taken after following the at times posionous bake off fallout between the ATC SCM11's, EV Sentry III's and the AVI DM10's with sub..
I was clarifying where the poisonous fallout came from. It only came from people who weren't at the bake-off. People with a seemingly vested commercial or emotional interest in re-writing the reality of how the systems actually sounded at the bake-off.

And, why did you say that you bought your speakers after the ATC vs AVI vs EV bake-off, when in reality you bought them before?

What else have you said on this forum that is incorrect?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
avole said:
You'd already bought the AVIs, n'est-ce pas?

P.S I read your reactions, and they were not pleasant, but that's between you and LindsayT and is no reason for a thread hijack.

Have you heard the ADM's ?

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
drummerman said:
avole said:
You'd already bought the AVIs, n'est-ce pas?

P.S I read your reactions, and they were not pleasant, but that's between you and LindsayT and is no reason for a thread hijack.

Have you heard the ADM's ?
Clearly not, though you quoted it. My comment was about thread hijacking.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
avole said:
But you'd need to upgrade the amplifier for Neat. Just acquired some Motives, they're truly amazing, and size alone means they'll comfortably outperform the AVIs, which are in the end slightly passé lifestyle speakers.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
you should start a new thread so I don't get accused of hijacking anything...

But to reply to your question about the bake off and when exactly I purchased my pair of DM10's.

I believe I'm right in saying (I haven't checked though) that there was a comment from myself after the initial 2 way bake off between IPV's DM10's and Andrew's Hegel/ATC combo that lead me to state I was taking the plunge and purchasing my speakers. Shortly after the three way bake off happen ed including your EV's. But I stated this above in an earlier edit, perhaps you missed it... at the end of the day does it really matter?

I really don't understand the hostility every time AVI are mentioned. Your beef. Avoles beef is not with me, this stuff with Ashley and others is nothing to do with me.

I will absolutely not comment on this matter again. Finished.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts