ATC P1 worth the journey?

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Good morning

Have been reading some good things about this power amp and wondered if it would be a good match for my ma rx8 and an audiolab cdq? I liked the smooth sound of the arcam a38 i demoed but am looking for a bit more authority in the bass department.

As the title suggests I will have to travel a long distance to demo the p1 so would appreciate some views before I decide.

Thanks very much!

Ben K. said:
Good morning

Have been reading some good things about this power amp and wondered if it would be a good match for my ma rx8 and an audiolab cdq? I liked the smooth sound of the arcam a38 i demoed but am looking for a bit more authority in the bass department.

As the title suggests I will have to travel a long distance to demo the p1 so would appreciate some views before I decide.

Thanks very much!

Hi Ben K.

ATC amplification works well with Monitor Audio speakers. I've found Audiolab's 8200Q, M-DAC, 8200CDQ and 8200DQ also match well with a P1.

The P1's overall quality of amplication with its (amongst other qualities) high current and damping factor is likely to give even greater levels of stability, grip and drive. With this the improvement in bass reproduction should be immdiately apparent.

Well worth the trip :)

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Ben K.

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thank you very much for the replies.

I will put this amp on my list as it seems to be what I'm looking for from write ups and opinions.

Im also looking to demo roksan caspian m2 power and wonder if you might have some other suggestions to add to my demo list?

Budget is around 2500 for cdq and amp.

Thanks again for your time!

Ben K. said:
Thank you very much for the replies.

I will put this amp on my list as it seems to be what I'm looking for from write ups and opinions.

Im also looking to demo roksan caspian m2 power and wonder if you might have some other suggestions to add to my demo list?

Budget is around 2500 for cdq and amp.

Thanks again for your time!

Hi Ben K.

Your welcome.

Apart from Audiolab's own 8200MB's, Densen Audio Technologies B-320 Plus power amplifier is also worth a look.

http://densen.dk/index.php?page=densen-b-320

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts