atc c1 subwoofer

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi readers, has anyone heard or used an ATC C1SUBWOOFER for there home cinema set-up, i have a full surround speaker of ATCs but the sub i have is MJ ACOUSTICS REF150mk2 & was thinking of upgrading to ATCs, with 200watt amp & 12" sl driver, i suspect it will be better on music but need it for movies also, what does anyone think or know, many thanks, Benny.

benny39:hi readers, has anyone heard or used an ATC C1SUBWOOFER for there home cinema set-up, i have a full surround speaker of ATCs but the sub i have is MJ ACOUSTICS REF150mk2 & was thinking of upgrading to ATCs, with 200watt amp & 12" sl driver, i suspect it will be better on music but need it for movies also, what does anyone think or know, many thanks, Benny.

Hi benny39

I have used ATC's C1 subwoofer extensively and it is superb with music or movie soundtracks. The C1 will be an ideal match for the rest of your ATC speakers.

Btw, the C1 subwoofer does not use ATC's Super Linear Magnet Technology.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi Benny

The C1 will certainly shift more air with it's larger bass driver, and be more accurate due to it's SL driver and tighter tolerance construction. Add to this you'll be completing your ATC collection, and they'll all be the same colour - icing on the cake
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply, but atc told me that the driver was an SL driver & i thought that was SUPER LINEAR not a 100% tho, i will be looking into it tho, many thanks.

A

Anonymous

Hi David, thanks for the reply, getting quite a mixed results though, you mention as i thought that the C1 has an SL driver but a member from MUSICRAFT thinks or is sure it is not & he has used it regularly, ATC told me themselves it was an SL driver, but the lady could have been mistaken, not that i think it would be a worse sub without it as i will follow atc to the end of hi-fi time, just confused as they never really print too much info on there drivers, many thanks, Benny.

benny39:Hi David, thanks for the reply, getting quite a mixed results though, you mention as i thought that the C1 has an SL driver but a member from MUSICRAFT thinks or is sure it is not & he has used it regularly, ATC told me themselves it was an SL driver, but the lady could have been mistaken, not that i think it would be a worse sub without it as i will follow atc to the end of hi-fi time, just confused as they never really print too much info on there drivers, many thanks, Benny.

Hi benny39

ATC's C2, C4, C6 and SCM0.1-15 subwoofers use Super Linear Magnet Technology bass drivers and also incorporate (amongst other things) superior cabinets and better quality of amplification (which are heavily class A biased) to support these stunning and massively engineered drive units. Unfortunately for cost reasons the C1 subwoofer does not use a SLMT bass driver.

The C1 subwoofer is still an excellent design and is straightforward to use. The bass from the C1 sub is clear, precise and powerful. I have always found the C1 sub easy to integrate with other ATC speakers.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

Hi Rick, thanks for the information, i think it will still be over engineered for the RRP compared to my MJ ACOUSTICS or an equally priced REL, these may be appear to have a little more slam i would think over an ATC but would lose on the long haul to accuracy & quality of bass available, but i may be wrong i have ordered one from AUDIO EMOTION so will have to wait to do a comparison at the very least all 5.1 will be voiced in the same way, best regards & many thanks Benny.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts