At last I have some photos......

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Everything gets updated so quickly but I am happy with my system. My tv is not 24fps, my CD player does not match my amp as I would like but on the whole it gives me pleasure. Even the missus has stopped moaning about the "huge" centre speaker! http://www.flickr.com/photos/23064703@N05/2451701342/

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
2450873575_70f73fc05d.jpg

2450871311_1ce1b7dffa.jpg

2451694796_013f0c6c60.jpg

They are handsome mr. Nails
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Really cool setup. Nice clean lines too.How far away do you sit?jules.

A

Anonymous

congratulations very nice indeed.Bet it sounds as it looks.

I am still waiting for my jamo to do my setup.I took your advice.Regards

A

Anonymous

v nice i wish my stand was clutter free unfortunately too many components not enough space. those monitors look lush im trying to get my brother to demo some br2's for his first separates.
what's next? or have you reached that zen state where you will be happy for while and able to enjoy your system like you should?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm picking up the RSW12 subwoofer at the weekend. I would like to get hold of the Cambridge 840 cdp as well but can't afford it/justify it to the missus yet. Once I do get that, I will also buy the Linksys media centre extender. This will enable me to connect it to the Cambridge which can act as DAC for my music on my pc. I will also be able to stream films to my receiver. I plan to hold off from Bluray for a while and then get a HD audio capable receiver. After that, I am done!

A

Anonymous

ah seems you have your work set out for you then, i think my next component will be a marantz dv7001 i wil then be able to get rid of the tosh dvd and technics cd thats a long way off though if it doesn't perform as good as i like i fear ill be waiting even longer for an arcam in between that though its cables and mains leads

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
Hi Gerard very nice, neat system. Do you have any probs with running the pre-outs to your Cambridge or is it set up differently? I tried this but couldn't get the volumes right

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="HDNumpty"]
Hi Gerard very nice, neat system. Do you have any probs with running the pre-outs to your Cambridge or is it set up differently? I tried this but couldn't get the volumes right
[/quote] Thanks HD. No problems as the 840 has a fixed input setting. Once I select a level on it for an input (I called this one Sony AV) it cannot be changed. I run the auto calibrator on my Sony receiver and it syncs all the speaker levels. Then I just click the Sony AV input on the 840 and then juist use the receiver for volume et al. Simple! Although I had major problems with my old amp trying to do it - my beloved Creek Evo had to go because of it.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="darkside82"]v nice i wish my stand was clutter free [/quote]

My Misses thinks it's nice to put family photos on the AV stand. Grrrrrr.

A

Anonymous

Gerrardasnails
Nice idea to put photos up, I didnt realise you had a big black one. Got the Silver one myself when I upgraded my Kit, looks so out of place as all my other kit is black.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Del Smith"][quote user="darkside82"]v nice i wish my stand was clutter free [/quote]

My Misses thinks it's nice to put family photos on the AV stand. Grrrrrr.[/quote] I took photos off the stand before taking the snaps! By the way, "big black one"? Are you talking about the Sony receiver?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Gerrardasnails"][quote user="Del Smith"][quote user="darkside82"]v nice i wish my stand was clutter free [/quote] My Misses thinks it's nice to put family photos on the AV stand. Grrrrrr.[/quote] I took photos off the stand before taking the snaps! By the way, "big black one"? Are you talking about the Sony receiver?[/quote]

Of course the Receiver. I'm interested about the pre out set up you have. Does it sound much better that way?

A

Anonymous

Very nice system, Mr Nails - looks great! Very neatly done too - how do you deal with all the mains cables so well?! I've tried tie-wrapping them up neatly, but still can't hide them.You are an inspiration to finish my set-up!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Del Smith"][quote user="Gerrardasnails"][quote user="Del Smith"][quote user="darkside82"]v nice i wish my stand was clutter free [/quote] My Misses thinks it's nice to put family photos on the AV stand. Grrrrrr.[/quote] I took photos off the stand before taking the snaps! By the way, "big black one"? Are you talking about the Sony receiver?[/quote]

Of course the Receiver. I'm interested about the pre out set up you have. Does it sound much better that way?[/quote] It sounds the same. It just means that you can use your stereo speakers for home cinema also - I use Sky HD for radio and Jools Holland on HD and things like Glastonbury sound great also.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="bloney"]Very nice system, Mr Nails - looks great! Very neatly done too - how do you deal with all the mains cables so well?! I've tried tie-wrapping them up neatly, but still can't hide them.You are an inspiration to finish my set-up![/quote] Thanks Mr B. It's all a facade! The cables are not visible but they are a mess behind the unit. I have a Tacima conditioner unit plugged into sockets behind the stand and everything is plugged into that. The boxes are all close together and so block the cables from being seen.

HDNumpty

Jan 17, 2008
Visit site
So would I be right in saying then, you can't really have 2 amps (AV/Stereo) sharing the same set of speakers UNLESS your amp is very clever like the 840 and has assignable volume inputs??

TRENDING THREADS