Assistance with connection options.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
r

I apologise if this is covered somewhere in the forum but so far unable to locate the relevant info (probably as it has the potential to be a rather stupid question), anyway here goes: I recently purchased a Pioneer SC-LX85, MA Apex 5.1 package and a Panasonic P65VT30. I'm in the process of wall mounting the TV and will be channeling the cables into a conduit in the wall. The cables will not be accessible when the job is complete so I want to make sure that I have covered all the bases at the outset. I'm not planning to use the TV's on board SAT/Freeview decoders but will be connecting the dish cables to a HUMAX Foxsat-HDR/500 freesat box (and may from time to time connect my SKY box) and feed these into the TV via HDMI. I also plan to use a PS3 for gaming, DVD/Blu-ray playback and internet access -again connecting to TV via HDMI. I have tried using the Panasonic's limited internet capabilities (iplayer) although I have only found it watchable when hard wired via powerline connectors. Am I correct in saying I should be looking at the Amp as my "hub" ie wire everything into that via HDMI then have a single HDMI running up inside the wall to the TV (which will cut down on the size of conduit) or should I connect each component to the TV (I'm guessing this could limit the AMPs ability to do its stuff.) If this is the case all I'm going to need passing from the AMP which will be sitting in a cabinet underneath the wall mounted TV is 1 HDMI (and 1 ethernet cable from a powerline connector) this seems a worryingly few amount of cables!!! Any advice most welcome. Thanks

A

Anonymous

Superb thanks very much, I'll get on with the boxing in!

A

Anonymous

Might be worth considering popping a coax in for the Freeview tuner as you get a slighty different range of channels. Normally I'l recommend an optical cable for audio too but as both your screen and receiver support ARC this shouldn't be required.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts