AS500 vs C326BEE with C545BEE

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My 'office' system (i.e. small room) is currently C545BEE -> C370 -> AVI Neutron V

The C370 is cutting out on one of the channels intermittently (I've checked all other components for fault by swappng them out - it's definitely the C370 at fault). I could get it fixed but that means lugging it over to Milton Keynes and doing without music in the office while it gets fixed. I don't really have time to go auditioning new amps (philistine, I know !).

I was just going to go ahead and order a C326BEE as a replacement when I read the reviews of the AS500 and was intrigued.

Would this amp work with the C545BEE ?

I listen to all kinds of music (not classical). I am more interested in detail than room rumbling bass, on paper it looks like the NAD CD player might work well with the Yamaha amp. Am I kidding myself ?

Cheers

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the Yamaha could be used to get a good sound but I would try the NAD first as the synergy should be better with the player. Also you are used to your old NAD so must like their house-sound. The NAD C370 is a good amp. Still worth getting it fixed and may sound better than the new ones you mention. You may find the replacements not so powerful sounding. Also it may take a while for the new amp to run in so initially the sound may not be the best. There is another post on here where a poster ran in the amp and speakers for a couple of days and the sound improved.

A

Anonymous

Excellent advice.

You're right, of course. Always wanting things sorted yesterday, that's my problem :)

I've promised myself that I wold build my own amp one day, maybe this is where I should start, with a simple project amp to replace the C370 while it's away being fixed :)

Cheers

A

Anonymous

Not sure,

I've always found these guys very helpful www.technosound.co.uk

They resurrected one of my Ruark Crusader IIs from my main room system a while back and fixed my Audiolab 8000P, so they've already saved me quite a stack of cash :)

But their website no longer mentions a repair service. I'll give them a call in the new year

Cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts