Arylic S50 Pro vs bluesound node 2i

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Karlsberg76

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi all, newbie here. Has anyone used the arylic s50 Pro with a WD mycloud? Been looking for a good streaming solution to use with the WD. I'll be running it through an audiolab 8300cd so dac quality not important. Don't use streaming services so it'll be just used for the WD. Open to other options if anyone has any advice

TIA

Hi all, newbie here. Has anyone used the arylic s50 Pro with a WD mycloud? Been looking for a good streaming solution to use with the WD. I'll be running it through an audiolab 8300cd so dac quality not important. Don't use streaming services so it'll be just used for the WD. Open to other options if anyone has any advice

TIA
Perhaps you need to read this thread regarding the limited digital output of the S50, I guess it depends on the quality of the files you have on your MyCloud:-

"If the s50 pro had a coaxial out that could output 24/96/192 it would make it a great hires digital transport. "

Karlsberg76

Mar 30, 2021
Visit site
Perhaps you need to read this thread regarding the limited digital output of the S50, I guess it depends on the quality of the files you have on your MyCloud:-

"If the s50 pro had a coaxial out that could output 24/96/192 it would make it a great hires digital transport. "
I have read them and all of my files are cd quality so the limitations aren't a problem. I was just hoping someone may have experience pairing the two so understand any possible issues

Jman

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi, new here but just want to add my recent experience with the Arylic S50 Pro+. I went with it over the Bluesound based on reviews that seemed positive. Unfortunately I’m going to be returning it. It arrived yesterday and set up was easy and 4STREAM app worked fine. However there is an audible hiss thru my speakers with this unit. I powered it on today and it’s lost the WiFi connection and I’m unable to complete the setup again.

I haven’t been able to locate any negative experiences online for it so maybe I just got a bad unit. Anyway going to go with the Bluesound Node instead now.

May be I don't understand what is meant by gapless -Gapless playback – “the uninterrupted playback of consecutive audio tracks” but thats what I get from the 4stream app on tidal, there is a short 4-6 second gap between tracks which I would describe as gapless.
A short 4 to 6 second gap:-
1. Isn’t gapless, obviously.
2. Isn’t short either! It’s an age in a recording that’s meant to be heard continuously.

Epic fail in design for me, hardly better than a turntable that skips!

superhans

Oct 19, 2020
Visit site
Hi, new here but just want to add my recent experience with the Arylic S50 Pro+. I went with it over the Bluesound based on reviews that seemed positive. Unfortunately I’m going to be returning it. It arrived yesterday and set up was easy and 4STREAM app worked fine. However there is an audible hiss thru my speakers with this unit. I powered it on today and it’s lost the WiFi connection and I’m unable to complete the setup again.

I haven’t been able to locate any negative experiences online for it so maybe I just got a bad unit. Anyway going to go with the Bluesound Node instead now.
Hi - I would give yourself more time with the Arylic. 24hrs is not a long time to get a feel for any bit of kit. Are you sure it is running the latest firmware? Mine has been rock solid in use, with no audible hiss that you mention or wifi problems. I would reset it (has a reset button on back), set-up again and make sure it has latest f/w on it.
Also are you using decent RCA interconnects from the S50 to your amp ?

Jman

Apr 30, 2021
Visit site
Hi - I would give yourself more time with the Arylic. 24hrs is not a long time to get a feel for any bit of kit. Are you sure it is running the latest firmware? Mine has been rock solid in use, with no audible hiss that you mention or wifi problems. I would reset it (has a reset button on back), set-up again and make sure it has latest f/w on it.
Also are you using decent RCA interconnects from the S50 to your amp ?

Yup, it ran the firmware update when I first set it up. I did the press and hold on the reset button a few times and still couldn't get it to connect. The SoundSystem_xxx would come up in my wifi but I'd get unable to connect message or sometimes it would request a password.
The other thing I couldn't figure out is I thought there were different color lights that show for each source. The only color I'd get was red when the unit was powered off.

I'm using interconnects from WBC.

Svatopluk

Jan 6, 2021
Visit site
A short 4 to 6 second gap:-
1. Isn’t gapless, obviously.
2. Isn’t short either! It’s an age in a recording that’s meant to be heard continuously.

Epic fail in design for me, hardly better than a turntable that skips

No, it plays tracks and there is a gap between the tracks. On a vinyl LP the gap is typically 3-4 secs. With this device the gap is 1 second longer, may be. I have the A50, sounds great costs 160 usd. Mostly streaming Tidal hifi which has 80% of my CD collection the rest I have on USB sticks which I just plug into the back of the unit. This has transformed my music listening. The app works great for me and also works with other wifi speakers like AudioPro. Whats not to like?

eduardo93fp

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys, I just bought my first setup a few months ago and now i'm looking to add a Streamer/DAC. My current setup is composed by:
  1. Speakers: Klipsch RP-400M
  2. Receiver: Sony STR-DH590
  3. Turntable: Fluance RT80
With this gear do you think the bluesound 2i could make a great difference in sound quality compared to the arylic s50? Is it worth it to expend a lot in one of this or is more important to invest that money in other parts of my setup? I understand that software it's really important in streamers but for what i can see the big difference in price depends of hardware (specifically the built-in DAC). What do you all think?
Sorry for the english, i'm from Perú and just starting in the hi-fi world

eight1zero

Jan 3, 2021
Visit site
i would say go for bluesound node 2i.. after all my research on the net i ended ip getting that.. its a pretty much a no compromise streamer cum dac.. with a great software, features and a very good dac for the price..

liemjerry

Jan 8, 2022
Visit site
Hello,
nice to meet you al

I plan to connect Arylic S50Pro + with external DAC (maybe Topping E50), via Coax output
From above post, I see that this device can ony have 16 bit/44 KHz samping rate for coaxial output.
Where can I see this information from Aryic S50Pro + ? is that from DAC Specsheet (ES9023) or from other source?
thank you

Roog

May 20, 2016
Visit site
I looked at both of these solutions before buying the Node 2i, for me the interface is an essential part of the user experience, the BluOs system used by the Node 2i is well developed and anyone in my family can use it. Having swapped out a legacy Naim streamer to replace it with a Node 2i the quality of the Node 2i (as a streamer) is just as good to my ears.

I use a separate DAC with my Node 2i rather than the one internal to the Node 2i, having said that I could happily live with the one in the Node 2i.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts