record_spot

Great little streamer. Bought mine a week or so ago and am very impressed with it. No DSD or MQA (no great loss at the price), but nice sound quality from its own internal DAC. Brilliant app stability and good interface, no streaming issues and FLAC rips sound great. *Highly* recommended.

I've had a couple of streamers before, which were maybe in the £150 bracket at original price) that didn't perform as well.

The S10 hooks up to Spotify, Tidal (again, no DSD or MQA so don't expect to get it), Qobuz, Deezer, Tune In and a few others. I'm expecting this to be on the Readers Buying Guide before too long.

Last edited:
Great little streamer. Bought mine a week or so ago and am very impressed with it. No DSD or MQA (no great loss at the price), but nice sound quality from its own internal DAC. Brilliant app stability and good interface, no streaming issues and FLAC rips sound great. *Highly* recommended.

I've had a couple of streamers before, which were maybe in the £150 bracket at original price) that didn't perform as well.

The S10 hooks up to Spotify, Tidal (again, no DSD or MQA so don't expect to get it), Qobuz, Deezer, Tune In and a few others. I'm expectibg this to be on the Readers Buying Guide before too long.
Do you know if it will read data from a USB solid-state hard drive?
The reviews are confusing on this point.

record_spot

Do you know if it will read data from a USB solid-state hard drive?
The reviews are confusing on this point.

There is a USB input on the back and the blurb on the Arylic site says it takes USB. Check with them on Twitter maybe.

Reactions: Al ears

jjbomber

There is a USB input on the back and the blurb on the Arylic site says it takes USB. Check with them on Twitter maybe.

There's a live chat on their website (that takes 24 hours)

Reactions: record_spot

record_spot

Probably worth adding a caveat for anyone looking at the Bluetooth option of this. I tried it for the first time yesterday and was very surprised by how poor the resulting sound was. This was using my regular flac files.

Not sure if this is down to the version of Bluetooth or what, but while this remains a solid buy for the wireless streaming (which really is excellent), Bluetooth users should ca' canny.

Reactions: Al ears

vladasonic

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I'd like to share my experience with the S10:

I had device issues from the very start. I had stereo sound issues which turned out to be due to the application. A complete remove and re-install helped resolve this. But I also had major hissing and noise on both the speakers, but more prominently on the right channel. I ruled out other system components by actual testing other devices; it was the S10.
I then went though a very painful troubleshooting process with the manufacturer's customer service that took weeks. I was finally advised to get it replaced.
However, since I bought it on Amazon (Canada) they would refund me $99 CAD (the original price I payed). But the price of the device is now $119 CAD on Amazon. So technically, a one-on-one replacement is not possible.
After much discussion with Amazon's customer support, they offered me a $20 discount on my next purchase, but only for a product sold and fulfilled by Amazon, but not other sellers. And surprise, surprise, Arylic is NOT sold by Amazon but rather the manufacturer.

In any case, I'm afraid that the next S10 I buy will have the same noise/interference/hissing issues, so I'm not sure I'll be making that purchase again. And their tech support didn't give me any hope that in case of more issues, they would be able to adequately help.
I guess, my search for a reasonably priced streamer that supports similar services like the S10 continues; that said, recommendations are welcome.

I just wanted to share my experience with the hi-fi / audiophile community. I'm sure that others haven't had similar issues, and are happy with their purchase, but I didn't have any luck.

Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts