Are there devices to eliminate latency issues with Bluetooth headphones

Diver

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
I tested Sony WH 1000XM4 and loved them. I particularly like the ease of turning off the noise cancelling with your hand too. My concern is the latency issue with watching TV. Are there devices to eliminate this problem. I might be able to adjust with my TV but hen my wife might be upset. Thank you.

Gray

Perhaps get a cheap pair of wired headphones for the TV.... ?
That's what I'd be doing.
My Dad needed to use TV headphones constantly - wireless wasn't an option. So I ran a wire round the room's skirting board to a socket behind his chair. You might think it would look unsightly - didn't even notice the wiring.
If it must be wireless, you could consider an 'old fashioned' FM type.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

Diver

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
The wired option is ok for those who will be stationary watching programs. I do that but much of the time I want to listen to programs such as the news while I work in the kitchen or while cleaning house. I have used Sennheiser 170s for years but they are finally giving out. They are of course RF so no latency problems. I really do like the Sony WH-1000XM4 for the quality of the sound if I was listening to music plus the feature to turn off NC simply by holding my hand. Makes it easier to talk with my wife. The problem is th latency and lip sync with Bluetooth. I was hoping there would be a device to boost the Bluetooth. If not I can go with Sony or Sennheiser RF headphones.

Reactions: Gray

iMark

Unfortunately the bluetooth protocol always involves latency. There's no way to "boost" this. That's the reasons why apps on smartphones and tablets will do the lip-synching by software.

I've got an app from my cable provider to watch TV on my iPhone. The app recognises that I'm connected with my bluetooth earphones and will sync video with the audio output. Same goes for the Youtube and other apps.

The only way to watch with wireless headphones without latency is by using RF headphones like the Sennheisers.

Reactions: Gray

Diver

Oct 7, 2020
Visit site
Unfortunately the bluetooth protocol always involves latency. There's no way to "boost" this. That's the reasons why apps on smartphones and tablets will do the lip-synching by software.

I've got an app from my cable provider to watch TV on my iPhone. The app recognises that I'm connected with my bluetooth earphones and will sync video with the audio output. Same goes for the Youtube and other apps.

The only way to watch with wireless headphones without latency is by using RF headphones like the Sennheisers.
Thank You. Guess I'm stuck unless I want to buy the Sony bluetooth for listening to Spotify and the Sennheisers for tv>

jjbomber

I tested Sony WH 1000XM4 and loved them. I particularly like the ease of turning off the noise cancelling with your hand too. My concern is the latency issue with watching TV. Are there devices to eliminate this problem. I might be able to adjust with my TV but hen my wife might be upset. Thank you.
Check which version of Bluetooth the TV set has. Whilst your headphones are a racing car, your TV may be a tractor. You ideally need aptx low latency bluetooth coming from your TV.

Longchops

Oct 15, 2020
Visit site
You can use infrared headphones for TV too, they don't have latency issues either

yes that's right, but not usually a problem as its quite difficult to watch the TV from another room haha

They the next best sound quality to using a wired connection though. If you don't want a wire then might be your best bet

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts