Are the new pansonic plasmas getting close to the kuro

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
hi everyone are the new pannys as good as the reviews say and are they getting closer to the picture quality of the kuros, i am thinking of changing my 46 g15 panny for the new 46 gt30, but are there any other options available ie led/lcd that can other same pict quality

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
great answer, i found my self looking at 2nd hand kuro, but they are so good they are dearer used, then a new panny, quite shocked to see so many people on this forum with problems on there panasonic tvs .

Quite a few TVs have matched or exceeded the Kuro in some areas (Sony & Panasonic). But I'm glad I got the Kuro. I never heard of quality control issues with Pioneer TVs.

Having said that, I would prefer a brand new TV to a 2nd hand Kuro if I was in the market for a TV today.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Kuros were made to a quality standard, that was unsustainable at the price they were forced to charge. Even though they achieved a premium over the other mainstream brands, it was nothing like enough.

IMO Other than the likes of Loewe and B&O who pass on this cost, mainstream brands can't afford to meet the standards of the Pioneer, as what they can charge, is largely dictated by what the current market will tolerate. As it is, I think most of them struggle to make a profit.

CnoEvil said:
Kuros were made to a quality standard, that was unsustainable at the price they were forced to charge. Even though they achieved a premium over the other mainstream brands, it was nothing like enough.

IMO Other than the likes of Loewe and B&O who pass on this cost, mainstream brands can't afford to meet the standards of the Pioneer, as what they can charge, is largely dictated by what the current market will tolerate. As it is, I think most of them struggle to make a profit.
Completely agree with that.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Kuros were made to a quality standard, that was unsustainable at the price they were forced to charge. Even though they achieved a premium over the other mainstream brands, it was nothing like enough. IMO Other than the likes of Loewe and B&O who pass on this cost, mainstream brands can't afford to meet the standards of the Pioneer, as what they can charge, is largely dictated by what the current market will tolerate. As it is, I think most of them struggle to make a profit.

Couldn't have put it any better than that so plus one for those comments.

I bought a GT30 plasma this year and although i'm very happy with it i have to admit that it's still no substitute for a Kuro, for me it remains the benchmark for others to aspire to but although some have got close in some regards (and indeed this years Panasonics do) nothing has the all round ability that Kuros did and the sheer quality of them has yet to be beaten.

Even second hand i couldn't afford one instead of the GT30 this year which should tell you just howly regarded they are and i remain envious of anyone who owns one.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:
Even second hand i couldn't afford one instead of the GT30 this year which should tell you just howly regarded they are and i remain envious of anyone who owns one.

What, even me?

If you own a Kuro then yes i am! :clap:

Please forgive the way that sentence is typed i meant to type 'how highly' instead of 'howly'....not sure how i managed to type that as it even made sense when i proof read it.

rock15

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
well it seems kuros are still the tvs to beat, but having looked at 2nd hand ones and the prices they reach i will probally go for the panny 46gt30 but will also look at the lg 47 inch 650t, pict quality is my main concern thanks everyone.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Oldboy said:
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:

What, even me?

Yes, KRP500a, it's luvverly!

Please forgive the way that sentence is typed i meant to type 'how highly' instead of 'howly'....not sure how i managed to type that as it even made sense when i proof read it.

Shouldn't worry, fairly standard "brain working faster than hands" event, I do it all the time. Recently I've started missing out entire words, never mind letters.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:

What, even me?

I wouldn't take envy as any sort of positive emotion.

I'll take whatever I can get at the moment...

I can help with Lust, Gluttony and Sloth....if that's of use. :shifty:

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
The_Lhc said:
BenLaw said:
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:

What, even me?

I wouldn't take envy as any sort of positive emotion.

I'll take whatever I can get at the moment...

I can help with Lust, Gluttony and Sloth....if that's of use. :shifty:

On balance I think I'll pass on your Lust to be honest...

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:
The_Lhc said:
Oldboy said:

What, even me?

Yes, KRP500a, it's luvverly!

Shouldn't worry, fairly standard "brain working faster than hands" event, I do it all the time. Recently I've started missing out entire words, never mind letters.

I could feel my envy swelling as soon as i saw you had a KRP500a....now extremely jealous!

Definately a case of brain working much faster than my hands but apologies none the less.

A

Anonymous

The 46GT that I recently bought is fabulous. The picture is spot on and I agree with the reviewers of What HiFi on their comments. My brother was over from Kansas and agreed the picture was as good as his Kuro but didn't have the extras that mine has as when he bought his the online content and 3D werent readily available. He went home talking about swapping for a Pana.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts