Are the free gifts really free?

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
I was planning to take out a subscription with the current free gift of a Belkin Tunecast II transmitter. When I went to the website, I saw that it offered an alternative subscription at £8.75 for three issues instead of the £10.15 shown in the magazine - a difference of £1.35. This means that if I want the free gift, I will have to pay £1.35 every three issues. Is that right?

A

Anonymous

A really nasty person could respond like this: They work damn hard at this magazine and even give you this forum for free and the only reason you'd subscribe is for the free gift! Now you're quibbling over less than £2! My God, would you like Clare to come over to your house and give you a personal Hi-Fi demo in her finest whilst Andrew massages your shoulders, and don't tell me you won't tip either!. But I'm nice and so I wouldn't dream of saying such things other than, please show some respect to those who work darned hard and really don't need to answer questions that make them think the only reason you'd buy their mag is for a poxy free gift. You can't be that tight can you?

Wightknight

Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
Hi Will,

I think you are missing the point.

Of the two page advert on pages 56 and 57 for the subscription, a whole page was taken up displaying a huge picture of the Tunecast and repeatedly stating that it was free. Clearly, WHFSV does believe that such offers will attract new subscribers.

The £1.35 I complained about applies every three issues for as long as the person subscribes - which could be for years.

I am not calling into question the quality of the magazine or its overall value. I am just saying that if you state in an offer that something is "free" then there should not be a surcharge for it.

However, if Claire and Andrew wanted to come round, who I am I to complain?.........

Regards,

Paul

A

Anonymous

THRE IS NO SUCH THING AS "FREE " IN LIFE AS "FREE" IS ABSTRACT WORD TOGETER WITH "PEACE" AND "PERFECTION"
THE ONLY FREE THING IN LIFE IS LOVE THE ONE THAT YOUR MUM,DAD,WIFE N CHILDREN CAN GIVE U

SO NO ,ITS NOT A FREE GIFT AS THE GUYS AT THE OFFICE OF WHF STILL NEED TO MAKE A LIVING ....WAT IT IS ..IS MARKETING STRATEGY IT LEGAL AND IF U ARE SMART ENOUGH TO FIGURE OUT THEY MAKE £2 OUT OF U EVERY 3 MONTHS THEN DONT SUBSCRIBE MATE!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Careful with that caps lock, Eugene...

Oh, and it's also worth pointing out that both subs offers are considerably less than the £11.97 you'd pay 'over the counter' for three issues of the magazine

A

Anonymous

You know what? I think I'm going to subscribe. About time too.

Now then. What's the free gift? ;-)

A

Anonymous

I must say that I feel totally fasinated with all these small talks of whether the free gifts are really free business.... I have a bigger moan if there is one! I have been a loyal subscriber & fan of this mag since ....oh years, may be more than 15. And what rewards/free gifts we were offered? Done! If I cancelled my subsciption & re joined every time there's a free gift for new subscribers, I'd have had a house full of earphones, dvds, & other gadgets probably one would never used anyway! This ia a commercial publication at the end of the day, attracting new subscribers is one of their main business.

T

the record spot

[quote user="Will Harris"]

My God, would you like Clare to come over to your house and give you a personal Hi-Fi demo in her finest whilst Andrew massages your shoulders...?

[/quote]

Yes, but only if Clare massages my shoulders and Andrew can do what he likes with the stereo!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts