are my speakers suitable for the marantz cr502dab?

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
i have a pair of monitor audio r90hd speakers connected to a yamaha rx-n600d network av receiver and an ipod classic but would prefer a clearer sound as my hearing is getting worse due to a longterm illness.i would prefer something smaller than my current amp and the ability to play cds, the arcam solo is out of my price range.heard the marantz but with its own speakers and wasn't that impressed sounded better with tannoys but i already have speakers,the salesman said mine weren't suitable, is he right or trying to get me to buy something i don't want.

A

Anonymous

Hello there Cesius.

I have listened to the r90hd speakers on the end of a micro system and the salesman is kinda right, they arn't really suitable. In my opinion you could save yourself some cash and buy the very well reviewed and recieved Denon DM38 DAB for £200( Richer Sounds. and spend another £100 on either some Tannoy F1 custom's £119 from the same shop or some Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's still available for £100 from superfi. I think you will then have a great system for £200 less than the Marantz. The Denon has a useful USB slot at the front with which you can connect you IPOD straight in.

hope this is of help.....I am sure the salesman would prefer you to buy the Marantz.....but the Denon really is an excellent system.

Dave

celsius

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
thanks for the advice.looks like i will have to find something else as i already have the speakers and don't have the space for anything bigger,heard the denon and a teac micro but didn't like them

pwiles1968

Mar 22, 2009
Visit site
Why dont you take your speakers in to a shop and have a demo with the Marantz, I Have not demod the amp yet but have heard one in a shop recently hooked up to some big floor standers and I thought for what it was it sounded good, I am thinking about getting one for the dining room at the moment and it will be running with B&W 603 S2 but need to have a demo first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts