Arcaydis (EB acoustics) reborn

avole

Jul 15, 2016
Visit site
Arcaydis are back, and under new ownership. Website, which includes a history of what happened previously, is here: http://www.arcaydis.com.

Unless it's already been done, perhaps WHF could do some reporting on the new company. If they have reformed, their past history remains a millstone round their neck and it would be a shame to see good products floundering because of that.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Interesting!! I wish them the best of luck!!

Will they honour any past claims?

Why would they be obliged to? They didn't buy an existing company (nor therefore it's liabilities) because the old company was defunct/dissolved/non-existent or whatever the legal term is.

All past claims would be upon the old company and it's owner. The only (stated) connection is the permission to use the designs and brand/model names and some technical advice to ensure they are identical to the original product.

It's a new company, with new owners, in a new location with cabinets made by Timberworx (who are only 5 miles away) rather than in-house by one man.

I wish them well.

tonky

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Interesting!! I wish them the best of luck!!

Will they honour any past claims?
Soon to be seen on "Can't pay We'll Take It Away"! Now that would be an interesting episode!

tonky

PS I would love to see a review which compares it to the original (as well as speakers in the same price bracket)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
I remember Richard Allen talking about his ideas for a floorstanding active speaker - the EB4.

At the time I thought that would tick all my boxes, so I am going to be really intersted on how that one develops.

If they have the clarity of the EB2's, the added bass from a floorstander, and the benefits of being active, they could be rather good *yes3*

I also wish them well. It is a salutary tale, as so many businesses fail for similar reasons. Being a great designer rarely helps with marketing, finance and distribution!

The website has a few superfluous apostrophes, and a rather rash promise of 'perfect customer support', but maybe that means supporting perfect customers!

Will follow with interest.

insider9

Good to see. Any competition is good for us. Especially if they continue with RRP.

As some of you may know EB2s were too much for me to handle. But not all hope is lost and I've been slowly going in that direction by educating myself using different speakers and headphones. Gradual improvement seems to be working having another pair of speakers with more open and honest and most importantly neutral mids than the Roksans.

I'm growing into it slowly but it's good to know the benchmark and where it is I'm going.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well they have my blessing. EB2s were one of the best pair of speakers I have ever heard. Not much info regarding the EB4s, other than Arcaydis can't seem to decide whether they're active or powered passives.

Gazzip said:
Al ears said:
Gazzip said:
Nice selection of finishes too. I guess this makes my original EB2's a classic!

If yours are so are mine ;-)

Let's hope they can make sufficient EB2's for consumption because at £799 they are a veritable bargain.

Nice one! I guess you did the deal then?

Insider9 is a very nice chap to deal with, yes. I now have back those that I should never have sold in the first place. You live and learn, even at my age. :)

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
chebby said:
The last couple of pairs on ebay went for £147 and £103 (quite recently),so it may be worth waiting a while before parting with £799.

At the time I contacted the seller of the pair that eventually sold for £103 and asked him if he was prepared to ship them up north. He was adamant that it was collection only, and consequently they sold for a lot less than I think he expected. They've got to be worth a lot more than £103 surely. .

DIB said:
chebby said:
The last couple of pairs on ebay went for £147 and £103 (quite recently),so it may be worth waiting a while before parting with £799.

At the time I contacted the seller of the pair that eventually sold for £103 and asked him if he was prepared to ship them up north. He was adamant that it was collection only, and consequently they sold for a lot less than I think he expected. They've got to be worth a lot more than £103 surely. .

They are and the average, when they do infrequently appear, is about £250. I note there are a pair there from Belgium at £350. This is about right for a second-hand pair of the originals. However, the new speakers at that price, are still a good deal considering the competition.

I was surprised to see that many listed as they are very rare and not that many were produced before the production process ceased completely due to the guys ill health.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
DIB said:
chebby said:

...your loss was my gain...*biggrin*

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Gazzip said:
DIB said:
chebby said:

...your loss was my gain...*biggrin*

thumbs_up.gif

I'll give you £104 for yours.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Sometimes its difficult to put reason to the worth of something but I'm sure the demise of the old company didn't help.

Perhaps s/h values will rise once the new Arcaydis had time to establish themselves with product.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Very interesting this - they seriously look quality speakers

i have been following this news on Pink Fish media forum with interest

you have to have a bit of sympathy for the people that paid for speakers & never go them

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts