Arcam - what happened?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just read the April08 300+ reviews edition of WHF (yes, Australia is a long way away). As usual it's a very useful read but I was surprised that there seemed to be a distinct absence of Arcam kit in there. The one that stood out was the CD73 which in the May edition was listed as a 5 star unit (as it has been for some time).

Can anyone let me know why this player failed to get a mention as it was on top of my shortlist to buy?

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, it's weird. The CD192 wasn't in the CD player supertest in the June issue either, despite being well within the price parameters.

Maybe Arcam has stopped submitting their stuff for review?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Arcam hasn't stopped submitting its products for review - the reason there weren't many in the Ultimate Guide to Hi-fi (other than the two, five-star Arcam Solo systems, obviously!) is that Arcam advised us the existing products we'd tested were being replaced by the new ranges.

Which of course is exactly what's happened with the new A38 (tested first by WHF in the UK), CD37 etc.

And Rega also supply their products for review, too - that's how they won two Products of the Year from us last year, and have continued to be featured in almost every issue since (components and speakers).

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
You're not wrong: we did have a period of not getting Rega kit, but we've been getting review products for around a year. It happens with manufacturers from time to time, and we'll always be upfront about it - but circumstances (like products!) can change quickly in this biz...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts