Arcam Warranty

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought the posting gremlins were fixed ?

Obviously not as all my text has disappeared ! Great !

Anyway here is my question -

How long is an Arcam warranty and is it transferable if I was to buy an Arcam av amp second hand ?

It will be a gamble as I am fully aware of all their issues.

The seller bought from Peter Tyson but does not have the original receipt - it is about 1 and a bit years old.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
1) Arcam warranty lasts 2 years: http://www.arcam.co.uk/terms.htm 2) As far as I'm aware, this warranty is not transferable. 3) You can ask the seller to speak to Peter Tyson for a duplicate receipt.

Hi Big Boss,

Thanks for replying.

Surely if an item is under warranty for two years and has not expired this period then it must be honoured. If i get proof of purchase / receipt from the seller despite me not buying direct then they must honour the warranty even if i did purchase 2nd hand ?

Food for thought. Can anyone else care to shed light please ?

Many thanks if anyone can clarify.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
psurquhart said:
bigboss said:
1) Arcam warranty lasts 2 years: http://www.arcam.co.uk/terms.htm 2) As far as I'm aware, this warranty is not transferable. 3) You can ask the seller to speak to Peter Tyson for a duplicate receipt.

Hi Big Boss,

Thanks for replying.

Surely if an item is under warranty for two years and has not expired this period then it must be honoured. If i get proof of purchase / receipt from the seller despite me not buying direct then they must honour the warranty even if i did purchase 2nd hand ?

Food for thought. Can anyone else care to shed light please ?

Many thanks if anyone can clarify.

To conclude - if anyone was interested.

Spoke to both Arcam & the dealer - Peter tyson.

Peter Tyson said that it should not be an issue and as long as I can confirm purchase from the seller that it was bought from them and then have proof of my 2nd hand purchase via ebay then the warranty would be honoured. So in essence, yes the warranty is transferable. The guy at Peter Tyson was very helpful - a guy called Luke - so if he ever reads this - a big thank-you. He even mentioned that even without the receipt it should all be traceable via the serial no anyway.

I then phoned Arcam - option 2 for customer services - and the call was answered almost immediatly. I appreciate that some of you have had issues in the past but the chap couldnt be more helpful.

He confirmed that the warranty would be transferable as long as it was registered - in which case it would be 5 years (not 2). He said in essence it is the amp that is under warranty regardless of owner and could be checked via the serial no if need be. Even if it was not registered it would still be honoured and he didnt see any issues even if the previous owner had not registered it should an issue arise within that 5 year period.

Just need to decide now if I dare to put it on a credit card and let the missus know. (She wont be happy).

Wish me luck.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
That is good to hear.....and I have always found that Arcam responds best to a phone call.

Hope it works out (on all fronts)

Cno

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
My Arcam AVR600 warranty was extended to 5 years, once it was registered.

The shop I bought it off still has details of the transaction.

Maybe a call to Arcam would clarify matters further.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts