Arcam vs Cyrus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have spotted an Arcam FMJ A32 and CD36 pairing for under £1600, and a Cyrus 8vs & 8cd8x for around £1400 from a BADA registered dealer, both are brand new. Any views as to which is the better system.

Regards

A

Anonymous

Depends what the speakers will be. Personally I hate Cyrus so I'd get the Arcam but what speakers they will be paired with (and what sort of a sound YOU like) is very important.

A

Anonymous

My preference would be Cyrus. But yes, you should listen with your kit and your CDs and decide.

A

Anonymous

In basic terms the Cyrus is very fast and clear sounding and the Arcam is warmer.If you decide to go for the Cyrus pairing (I would!) speakers to consider are:Epos M12.2 (or the new i model), Spendor S3e, and Spendor S5e (floorstanders).jules.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Speakers are even more important when buying Cyrus, get that right and you will have such an all rounder of a HiFi system.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Again, as mentioned above, it depends on what speakers you want to go for.

My girlfirend has the Cyrus 8v2 amp and 8CDP set-up (just waiting for the 8 power amp to arrive) and theyre matched with B&W CM7 speakers and its a superb system

I've auditioned the Arcam FMJ amp and CDP combo as well and it was fantastic, if you can get both sets at the prices youve said then i'd do alot of auditioning with various speakers and make a decision from there

In my opinion though id avoid the Spendor speakers. I felt they were gutless with poor timing. Just didnt suit the Cyrus combo at all. Never heard them with the Arcam FMJ combo.

The speakers i auditioned were B&W 705's, B&W 805's, B&W 684's and the 683's as well as M/A RS6's and RS8s and they all sounded superb. The 705's & 805's were on Drednought stands loaded with atabites.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Thaiman"]

Speakers are even more important when buying Cyrus, get that right and you will have such an all rounder of a HiFi system.

[/quote]

I have a Cyrus 8 amp/CD combo and really would like views on a good pair of floor standers to match. Prefer clarity to volume.

Miker

Jul 26, 2007
Visit site
I'm no expert but I'm very pleased with my Cyrus 8 set up and Spendor S5e speakers after my 1970s clapped out old kit. All I can say is that beauty is in the ear of the beholder and one shouldn't accept blindly (Deafly?) the advice of others.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Spendor and Neat like other suggested above should match well, I didn't like Cyrus with ProAc but I think its more of a presonal taste rather than they are not gel! Arcam however sound very nice with ProAc!

Other that fit the bill are the like of Kef (high-ish range) or PMC.

A

Anonymous

No personal experience, but Audiovector speakers will be on my audition list when I upgrade my Cyrus system

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="JoelSim"][quote user="Thaiman"]
Arcam however sound very nice with ProAc!

[/quote] Thaiman? Is that you?[/quote]

Very nice....when comparing with Cyrus/ProAc combo
emotion-5.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts