Arcam SA30 occasionally noise

ibykov

Jul 10, 2021
Visit site
Hi, everybody
I listen DSD via streaming from a home UPnP server on SA30
Several times i've heard the noise like some electrical interference or a very old record.
Every time I fixed that by switching the SA30 to some analog input (for example, CD), and then back to NET.
Has anyone encountered such a problem?

bristollinnet

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
I fear you've done what all owners of Arcam's recent output have done, which is to assume because it is Arcam then it will be a seamless quality listening experience.

For basic 2 channel amplification you're probably correct, but for anything that tries and uses the SA30's bells and whistles such as inbuilt streaming, then you're up against missing features and dodgy software at launch, and pretty inconsistent after-sales firmware updates. My advice would be to visit https://arcam.discourse.group and hunt around. If you have the opportunity and a forgiving dealer, I'd return it for a refund or some alternate.

What EarBuds continue to claim Arcam is a great British brand...sadly no longer the case.

Romulus

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
From reading the reviews of Arcam SA30 it looks like a good competitor (also it seems reasonably powerful to drive maybe a ATC SCM11 speakers) but from looking at forums it seems to have a lot of issues as reported by the users. I just wondered whether Arcam themselves are aware of the issues and are striving to correct them in order to make the SA30 marketable?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts