Arcam rdac vs Rega Dac

A

Anonymous

stephennic said:
stephennic said:
Hi,

I just read the Jan edition of what hifi. The arcam rdac won the best dac under 500 pounds

I thought the rega dacwas better sonically what do others think.

Cheers

Steve.

Its actually best DAC between £200-£400 ;)

I think on whole the Rega is better (at least that seems to be the general opinion) but that the Arcam has the edge if you are only going to use the usb input because its Asynchronous.

acalex

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
They are both largely available almost everywhere. I would suggest to demo them face to face if possible and judge yourself. If one is better than the other it's impossible to see as everybody's opinion is different. If you need high-res files on SUB forget about REGA.

I have an rDAC (not using it anymore after I got the SBT) and I am very satisfied...you get a lot in return for the money you spend.

A

Anonymous

stephennic said:
stephennic said:
Hi,

I just read the Jan edition of what hifi. The arcam rdac won the best dac under 500 pounds

I thought the rega dacwas better sonically what do others think.

Cheers

Steve.

The rega is miles better, don't listen to reviews, use your ears!

A

Anonymous

I have not compared the rDAC to other DACs but have compared it to CD players:

IN US dollars: $1900 Vincent, $1200 Arcam

test 1: play the CD player as is, using it's internal DAC

test 2: hook the CD player to the rDAC via co axial input and then rDAC rca output to preamp

The rDAC was equal to the CD players, with slightly better bass, and slightly less harmonic richness vs. the treble capabilites of the Vincent

my system:

Oppo83 blu ray player>>>rDAC>>>Jolida801a>>>Martin Logan ESLs

I have also have several other speakers, an NAD C512BEE, a Parasound P3 preamp (not recommended)

and a 300 W 12" servo sub woofer, the Parasound has been relegated to controlling the subwoofer only

because it is not good for mids and highs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts