Arcam rDAC/NAD/B&W combo a little too bright.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

i know where your coming from i hate bright anything but bright.over the years i have spent thousands avoiding bright sound.but dac,s like all hifi equipment take 30 odd hours to burn it and the sound will go deeper good luck

A

Anonymous

Just a quick update on this, I started using it with the wireless dongle today and it has made one heck of a difference. The USB cable I was using was a cheap affair that came with my Traktor MIDI deck, im not too far into listening but I immediately noticed a huge difference in clarity and soundstage. how does this wizardry work!?

nads

Walkzinho said:
Just a quick update on this, I started using it with the wireless dongle today and it has made one heck of a difference. The USB cable I was using was a cheap affair that came with my Traktor MIDI deck, im not too far into listening but I immediately noticed a huge difference in clarity and soundstage. how does this wizardry work!?

it does not.

it either works or does not. or every computer user would be having issues.

A

Anonymous

nads said:
it does not.

it either works or does not. or every computer user would be having issues.

Which part of my post are you bringing into question? I was just saying that it sounds better with the dongle and not a cheap USB cable :?

A

Anonymous

Another update, heading down to the shop tomorrow to demo an A38/P38 combo and a range of different speakers ranging from Rega to B&W. A65+ will be donated to my dad as he loves hifi.

A

Anonymous

Just bought some Rega RS5's :cheer: I tested them against a set of CM8's.

I was surprised at how poor the B&W's sounded in comparison to the Rega's, coupled with how cheap they look i was immediately sold on the Rega's. I tried some RS3's also but in the end the RS5's won as they were superbly musical in every way. I gave the B&W's a 2nd listen and it reaffirmed my decision, I actually found it hard work listening to them.

Equipment used to test was Arcam A38, rDAC wireless, my Macbook Pro, Chord Crimson Plus.

Disappointed to move away from B&W after 10 years or som but i genuinely believe my 602 S2's sounded better than those CM8's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts