Arcam rcube, Zeppelin air or original zeppelin?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm looking to buy a small, high quality ipod dock to take to uni and i've narrowed it down to the Zeppelin air, Zeppelin or rcube but just cannot decide between them. I have included the original zeppelin because i understand it has inferior sound quality to the air and rcube, but it is £120 cheaper and i just wonder whether the extra money spent on the others is worth the money? Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums!

We're running a Group Test of quality docks in our August issue (in shops/ available to download by 30th June). It will include comparative reviews of a range of products - including the Zeppelin Air and the Arcam rCube - with testing in both docked and wireless modes.

Personally, having heard both B&Ws, I'd say the Air is a major upgrade on the original Zeppelin - both for performance and functionality.

A

Anonymous

Im looking to play flac files from my PC upstairs. I have a UnitiQute/Spendor A5 system downstairs using a Buffalo Nas drive. Most of my music is flac rather than iTunes (or wav which uses up most of my iPhone memory). As far as Im aware the Zeppelin does not play flac but the rCube does. Arcam helpfully answered an email from me within a couple of days to confirm the rCube plays flac files. Given the price reduction on the rCube it looks like the one for me. I would have liked a radio like the Geneva S but assume I can stream from the iPhone dock or the pc to the rCube. This may not however give me the quality of internet radio the Naim has which for example using Linn Radio/Jazz/Classical and seems far better than the 320 bps my iPhone app tells me. Also try HD Tracks using Paypal for flac albums.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts