Arcam FMJ & KEF LS-50 Question

Lorca

Dec 6, 2021
Visit site
Hey, Folks!

Just plugged in my KEF LS-50s in my (previous generation) Arcam FMJ and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for optimizing the speakers using the settings on the amp.

Thanks!

Jamie

D

Deleted member 160668

Hey, Folks!

Just plugged in my KEF LS-50s in my (previous generation) Arcam FMJ and was wondering if anyone had suggestions for optimizing the speakers using the settings on the amp.

Thanks!

Jamie
You will struggle to get any answers as your post is not complete....

Your Arcam is not called an FMJ model - this stands for Faithful, Musical, Joy and is their higher spec models and there are a whole range of different ones you could have. I've owned several different FMJ amps!

Have a look on the back at which model you have, then someone might be able to help you further.

I thought Arcam said it means Full Metal Jacket, but yes there are several models.

I can’t recall what settings are available, but by far the most important thing will be using suitable stands, and careful positioning of the KEFs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 160668

I thought Arcam said it means Full Metal Jacket

A review of my old amp:

'The FMJ range features 4 integrated amplifiers, 2 power amplifiers, 1 pre-amplifier, 1 stereo AV receiver, 3 multi-channel AV receivers a CD player and a Blu-ray player. The ‘FMJ’ acronym stands for Faithful Musical Joy.'

A review of my old amp:

'The FMJ range features 4 integrated amplifiers, 2 power amplifiers, 1 pre-amplifier, 1 stereo AV receiver, 3 multi-channel AV receivers a CD player and a Blu-ray player. The ‘FMJ’ acronym stands for Faithful Musical Joy.'
Ha, ha, well every other review agrees with me!

Such as
“The ‘FMJ’ in the name stands for Full Metal Jacket, and refers to Arcam’s steel-and-aluminium casework – which is as sturdy and substantial as you might expect.”

We both know we can’t trust reviews! ;)

Ha, ha, well every other review agrees with me!

Such as
“The ‘FMJ’ in the name stands for Full Metal Jacket, and refers to Arcam’s steel-and-aluminium casework – which is as sturdy and substantial as you might expect.”

Full Metal Jacket in my books....

Reactions: nopiano
D

Deleted member 160668

Agreed.

Pretty sure it was in the manual or box in my A39 as this too. But who cares.

Point is OP we need to know what model you've got as there are loads of FMJ, which actually stands for Fairy Magic Juice (now I'm being silly).

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS