Arcam FMJ-CD17 CD player review now online!

A

Anonymous

I guess it's not as good as the CD73 then? Is a review of the FMJ37 forthcoming as well?

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
MusicLover:I guess it's not as good as the CD73 then?

On the contrary, it does many things much better - what it isn't, in our opinion, is such a great all-rounder against current competitors, whereas the CD73 was just such an Award winner in its heyday.

MusicLover:I

Is a review of the FMJ37 forthcoming as well?

It's on the agenda, yes - can't give you an exact test date, however.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:
MusicLover:I guess it's not as good as the CD73 then?

On the contrary, it does many things much better - what it isn't, in our opinion, is such a great all-rounder against current competitors, whereas the CD73 was just such an Award winner in its heyday.

Hi there Clare, thanks for this, been waiting some time for a verdict. Nice to get an online 'exclusive' before the mag comes out.

Can I ask if 4 stars were given on the basis of the new 'standard' set by Cyrus, or against others priced players in the £450 to £500 bracket? If so, can you give examples?

Also, if you had a choose a player for overall detail and vitality - would you go with the CD192 or the CD17?

Thank you.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Graham_Thomas:

Can I ask if 4 stars were given on the basis of the new 'standard' set by Cyrus, or against others priced players in the £450 to £500 bracket? If so, can you give examples?

Also, if you had a choose a player for overall detail and vitality - would you go with the CD192 or the CD17?

Thank you.

The four stars were based on comparison to similarly priced rivals - the slightly cheaper Pioneer PD-D6-J (£350) and the slightly pricier Rega Apollo (£600). That's why both these players are mentioned in the Also Consider column alongside the review.

As for the CD192 vs the CD17 issue, I think that's one you need to solve by taking your player along to audition alongside the new range.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome:Graham_Thomas:

Thank you.

The four stars were based on comparison to similarly priced rivals - the slightly cheaper Pioneer PD-D6-J (£350) and the slightly pricier Rega Apollo (£600). That's why both these players are mentioned in the Also Consider column alongside the review.

As for the CD192 vs the CD17 issue, I think that's one you need to solve by taking your player along to audition alongside the new range.

Doh! Thanks Clare I missed those 'also considers' in my haste to read it. By the way, I posted my own review of the CD192 online - there are not many of these online so it might be worth promoting this facility......
emotion-1.gif

Nice diplomatic answer at the end.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts