Arcam FMJ A19 vs Creek Evo 50A

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
No the dealer did not have the Epos 30s. he had a limited range of new spaekers most were old or used. It is very hard to hear Creek gear.

I would not say the MF was better than the Creek, it had more power so thas a factor (room size/volume) but here I can get the RK for £300 less maybe more and I don't think there is much difference sound wise. That Kandy is big. The other amp. I would like to try is the Marantz Pearl Lite which is about £670.

dansettemajor

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both chose the Roksan K2 when demoed against the Marantz Pearl Lite using my MF 3.2CD player into KEF Q900 floorstanders. I was all set to purchase the Marantz before we heard the Roksan. The K2 has a punchy, powerful and foot tapping sound.

The build quality is excellent ,too.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
My comments may have been a little harsh on the arcam, but i am just saying what i saw, as an amature. I really did prefer the rega by a long way over the arcam. to me it was not just in a different ball park, but a different state/county (depending on the ball game). The first time i heard the rega i was amazed. Mostly at its warmth and clarity. To me this warmth was completly missing n the arcam. I was audtioning in a different room tho. And the air temp was quite cold in the room with the arcam which did cross my mind as being a factor?? The room with the rega in was larger tho. (teice the size).

With the a19 i was listening to the audiolad 8200c, with my dynaudio dm7's

With the rega, i was using both my old CA640c v2 and a cyrus cd6 and a rega appolo. (the sound was very similar with all these cd players on this audition). and same dyn speakers.

Maybe the 8200cd is a tad brighter than the others? maybe it was the cold room, although i did test other amps inthis room, (8200a, and quad elite) and they sounded better, although still not as warm as the rega. Maybe it WAS the room?!

I still ahvent decided which amp to get myself.....i am due another listen to the brio r and a cambridge 651, and maybe all the other amps again too, as they were all going for £500. :?

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
csq2 said:
Hifi Choice gave the Creek Evo 50A and Editor's Choice Award, while the Arcam A19 only got a recommended award. In a comparison test in Hi-fi News, Creek Evo 50A scored 85% while the Arcam scored 80%.

Take mag reviews with a pinch of salt

go and listen to an amp then make your own mind up!

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
stevebrock said:
csq2 said:
Hifi Choice gave the Creek Evo 50A and Editor's Choice Award, while the Arcam A19 only got a recommended award. In a comparison test in Hi-fi News, Creek Evo 50A scored 85% while the Arcam scored 80%.

Take mag reviews with a pinch of salt

go and listen to an amp then make your own mind up!

+1

As much as I love Creek, HFC and HFN have always been pretty pro-Creek. Rightly in my opinion, but only you can decide whether its the right choice for you.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts