Add another musicast box?

BobYounger

Aug 6, 2022
Visit site
Hi, like many new posters here I've had my current setup for a few years and things have changed fairly quickly in that time.

I was a reasonably early adopter of Yamaha miscast and have two amps for 2nd and 3rd room systems plus a WXAD-10 in my workshop. I'm very happy with all of the above despite some limitations in the app.

I'm now looking to upgrade my main system which currently comprises Arcam A18 & P90 combo, AE Evo 3 speakers and a Beresford dac fed by a laptop. All of my use is 2ch either from my NAS or from the TV.

I'll look to pick up some Monitor Audio Silver 6's on the used market but wondering what to do about a dac/streamer as Yamaha seem to have discontinued the WXAD-10 and WXC-50.

My question is, do I get one of the above used, or do I look at something like the audiolab 6000N or something else completely? If the latter I guess I won't get multi-room which would be nice unless I can use a different app with the yamaha kit. Quite happy to go new or used but would like to keep the cost to around £500. Thanks

BobYounger

Aug 6, 2022
Visit site
Yes, it makes sense to stick with what you know Bob.
(And from what some have said about the app used by Audiolab, it may have more limitations than you've found with the Yamaha one).
OK, many thanks for the quick reply. Didn't know if Yamaha were scaling back musicast due to discontinuing some kit and thought I'd do a review before splashing out.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts