Arcam diva CD73T upgradable to Aracam CD192

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
i was just wandering if anybody has ever upgraded there arcam cd73t to the cd192 is it worth it and how much did it cost, as i was thinking of getting it done.

my current system is:

arcam cd73t

roksan k2 amp

b&w 685 speakers.

do you think getting the upgrade will make i difference to the sound, if so in what way.

daveh75

Probably not worth it to be fair, IIRC the upgrade cost around £400-£500 if it's still available.For that money you can still get brand new/end of line cd192 if you hunt around(HERE for example)then you could sell the cd73 to recoup some of the money.

A

Anonymous

cheers for the reply, i did have quick look on flebay but none were being sold, i tried the link you put on but it's not working could you try it again.

cheers

daveh75:Probably not worth it to be fair, IIRC the upgrade cost around £400-£500 if it's still available.For that money you can still get brand new/end of line cd192 if you hunt around(HERE for example)then you could sell the cd73 to recoup some of the money.

Up until recently, Arcam could upgrade the 73T to an 82 (discontinued about 5 years ago) so I would imagine Arcam will still do the 192 upgrade.

A

Anonymous

thanks for the link working now thats a good price im very tempted but just out of curiosty im going to ring arcam tomorrow & see if they still do the upgrade and find out the cost.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

It's really not worth it to upgrade. The new CD17 with the new Wolfson 8741 DAC sounds a lot better than the CD192, you'd be much better off buying that. You'd get a new mechanism and warranty too.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Arcam can do a 73 to 192 conversion for you, but it's £500.

I recently bought a 6 month old 192 off Gumtree to replace my 72T for £320.

The 192 is a superior machine in every way. I've tried to avoid tired cliche, but the fact of the matter is it makes it sound much more like a live sound, and less like a recording. I've heard stuff which I've not heard before. Not that the 72 is bad, but the 192 seems to seperate instruments with greater ease.

matthewpiano

Hifi test monkey:
Hi,

It's really not worth it to upgrade. The new CD17 with the new Wolfson 8741 DAC sounds a lot better than the CD192, you'd be much better off buying that. You'd get a new mechanism and warranty too.

I absolutely do not agree with this. When I auditioned the CD17 I didn't think it was as good as the CD73T. Its miles off the CD192 IMO. The 192 is a superlative CD player.

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
80s boy:
i was just wandering if anybody has ever upgraded there arcam cd73t to the cd192 is it worth it and how much did it cost, as i was thinking of getting it done.

my current system is:

arcam cd73t

roksan k2 amp

b&w 685 speakers.

do you think getting the upgrade will make i difference to the sound, if so in what way.

I upgraded my CD72T to a CD192 and it was a fantastic decision. The CD72 was pretty good to my ears but this thing blows it out of the water. It sounds great with Roksan Kandy K2

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts