Arcam DiVA CD192

A

Anonymous

Yes, and IMO it would be better no matter what the version.

Edit: Sorry for the arrogance, I have just had a particularly blighty customer on the phone.

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
I have a Arcam CD73 and Roksan Kandy k Miii amp (the older model than one you're considering) and they work really well. They seem to balance each other out nicely, the slightly brighter roksan sound compliments the traditional arcam smoothness.

I'm upgrading at the moment and will be looking at getting a similar kandy / arcam combo

A

Anonymous

do you think the arcam CD73 IS better than the roksan kandy cd mk3 ?

A

Anonymous

peter26:do you think the arcam CD73 IS better than the roksan kandy cd mk3 ?

Down to taste. The Kandy has more get up and go with more bass weight and power. It also sounds more glassy and bright. The 73 is very smooth and a lot easier going. When buying my previous CDP I was deciding between the two. I loved the Kandy when auditioning but knowing what I do now I should have bought the 73 and pocketed the £200. With a lot of modern, budget amps sounding a touch bright (Kandy III, Marantz, Cyrus, etc) then the 73 is a good bet. If you're matching to a Rotel or NAD amp, for instance, the Kandy can offer a better balance.

I have the CD73T and love it, but you have to factor in the extra £250 (RRP) and logic tells you the Kandy should have the edge.

If you could purchase one at the right price I would always recommend the Exposure 2010s. I am surprised it has been ignored given the quality of the sound and price point.

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin:

I have the CD73T and love it, but you have to factor in the extra £250 (RRP) and logic tells you the Kandy should have the edge.

Agreed that logic suggests that the pricier Kandy should sound better but in reality the 73 was much better value. The Kandy's lovely tank-like build must add a good wack to the price. The 73 is one of those components that has been a steal at the RRP since day one.

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
I'd say they are of the same quality, but much different sounds if that makes sense. If you want the smoother sound then it's arcam, brighter, then Kandy. in terms of value, the arcam wins hands down, especially as you see a few on ebay for £200 ish (as mine will be soon)

colint:I'd say they are of the same quality, but much different sounds if that makes sense. If you want the smoother sound then it's arcam, brighter, then Kandy. in terms of value, the arcam wins hands down, especially as you see a few on ebay for £200 ish (as mine will be soon)

As iggle mentioned earlier it's down to personal taste - and also dictated by the amp and (to a lesser extent) loudspeakers you have. This is why it is always advisable to audition prior to handing over your hard-earned dosh.

The other question you have to ask is: Can I live with that particular sound over a number of years?

A

Anonymous

Not an Arcam amp IMHO - thin sounding to me. My MF 3.5 amp works well for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts