Arcam Diva AVR200 + Arcam CD62 = What speakers for approx £150-£200?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

Need some advice on some suitable speakers to marry to my older Arcam amp and cd player. I was considering selling the Arcam kit but thought I could utilise in another room for genral cd playback and to use with TV / Sky etc.

Although the room is medium-sized, I don't have the actual room for large bookshelfs and the budget is between £150-£200.

I guess some punchy little compacts are what I'm after, I've been looking at:

Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i

Q Acoustics 2020

Or am I wasting my time marrying compact bookshelfs to the Arcam kit?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Mart-999

rendu

Sep 10, 2008
Visit site
Hello, I have Avr280 which I use both for home cinema and music. I have it with the wharfedale 9.1. and they sound pretty good, much better than one would think. I used to have it with the B&W 685s and I replaced by my old 9.1. and sold the B&Ws because they did not sound good in my small room with this amp (too much bass). For small room I suggest small speakers with a lot of detail and extensive frequency response. Wharfedales are a good match, now you may even find the Evos for the same price as the 9.1.s.

MART999:
Hi all

Need some advice on some suitable speakers to marry to my older Arcam amp and cd player. I was considering selling the Arcam kit but thought I could utilise in another room for genral cd playback and to use with TV / Sky etc.

Although the room is medium-sized, I don't have the actual room for large bookshelfs and the budget is between £150-£200.

I guess some punchy little compacts are what I'm after, I've been looking at:

Mordaunt-Short Avant 902i

Q Acoustics 2020

Or am I wasting my time marrying compact bookshelfs to the Arcam kit?

Love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Mart-999

Hi MART999

Monitor Audio's BX1 or BX2's are also worth a look.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MART999:thx for your response musicraft

Hi MART999

Your welcome.

Btw, if you've not already done so then please try sending the raw digital data from the CD62 via coaxial output and into the AVR200's coaxial digital input for digital to analogue conversion. The AVR200 may do a better job and hopefully this will lead to superior performance.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts