Arcam Diva A 65 Plus compared with Marantz PM 6004

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Hello

There are 2 good amps. on from ebay

The system is: Quad 11L classic speakers, Onkyo C 7030 cd player

What do you think which one would be better choice for a fluid, warm , musical sound?

Thank you

matthewpiano

There is, for me, no question that the Arcam A65+ is the better amplifier of the two. The Marantz does have slightly more bass weight than the Arcam, but in terms of a overall balance, finesse, dynamic range, detail, and subtlety the Arcam would comfortable win every time. Given that choice I wouldn't hesitate to go for the Arcam.

Tibor said:
Hello

There are 2 good amps. on from ebay

The system is: Quad 11L classic speakers, Onkyo C 7030 cd player

What do you think which one would be better choice for a fluid, warm , musical sound?

Thank you

No question I would have the A65+. So much so I'm thinking about getting another one to replace the Alpha 7R as a spare.

As Matthew has stated: Refinement, subtlety, musicality... although if you're looking for a "warm" amp look for a Nad. The Arcam isn't bright, but is quite neutral with a slightly languid presentation.

IMO the A65+ is the best amp from the DIVA range, and I've heard nearly all of them including the A85. The latter is more powerful but the A65+, at its reduced price bracket, is overall more satisfying. A complete joy to own.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts