Marantz PM 6004 vs. NAD C 316 BEE vs. Arcam A 65+

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
I looking for an amplifier for my second stereo system. I would prefer an amp with warmish, detalied , fluid sound. For Yamaha sacd player and Quad 11L Classic speakers.

The musicality ("fluidity" of sound and emotion) and soundstage is more important than huge amount of bass or detail or number of Wats/amplifier. For classical and jazz, and vocal based music

I would buy one from ebay. Which one do you think is the best for me?

Thank you

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
Are you not enjoying the Onkyo amp in your signature Tibor?

The Onkyo A 9010 (this is the european version with built in dac) is a very good amp, bargain for asked price. It has two weakness: lack some emotion and fluency, and the soundstage is rather twodimensional (is not deep). It is an neutral, open sounding, detalied, rhytmic amplifier. I will use it for pop and disco music and for notebook (via dac), and I will buy another amp for classical music with more warm and fluency.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If you looking for warm out of the amps you mention marabtz and nad are considered warm. Id expect the nad to sound slightly more bassy though

MaxD

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Tibor said:
I looking for an amplifier for my second stereo system. I would prefer an amp with warmish, detalied , fluid sound. For Yamaha sacd player and Quad 11L Classic speakers.

The musicality ("fluidity" of sound and emotion) and soundstage is more important than huge amount of bass or detail or number of Wats/amplifier. For classical and jazz, and vocal based music

I would buy one from ebay. Which one do you think is the best for me?

Thank you

Inexpensive and really good with his high current patent feature and solid like german made components should be: Denon PMA-720.

matthewpiano

My vote would go to the Arcam A65+. Nicely made amplifier, and great for extended listening sessions. Very organic sound quality and extremely stable and convincing soundstaging in orchestral recordings, with much better than average attention to instrumental timbre.

Tibor

Oct 23, 2007
Visit site
Thank you for all sugestions. After reading the forum and after reading many reviews on net it seems to me that Arcam A 65 or 75 has both detail, warmth and precision for classical.

The ultimate target is an tube amplifier (in future).

Tibor said:
Thank you for all sugestions. After reading the forum and after reading many reviews on net it seems to me that Arcam A 65 or 75 has both detail, warmth and precision for classical.

The ultimate target is an tube amplifier (in future).

Agree with matthew. I had the A65+ for years. Wonderfully balanced amp, beautifully detailed, even at very low volumes. The only caveat is if you are planning to use Quad speakers, the 40 watts from the Arcam may struggle if you try and crank it up. Otherwise, an absolute winner IMO.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
What about something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Good-Condition-Working-Wooden-Cased-J-E-Sugden-Class-A-Stereo-Amplifier-/331658579436?hash=item4d38644dec

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts