Arcam Delta 60

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all.

Does anyone know how good these old amps are?.I am using a Rega Planar 2 with a brand new Ortofon cartridge and Mission 702e speakers and some records sound really shrill and piercing. Does anybody have any ideas, I was looking at the Marantz 6010 ose,

Kev.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
brand new cartridges can sound like this from new so give it at least 30-40 hours to run in.you have a nice system there and i dont think it's the fault of the amp,arcam are not known for sounding overly bright.which model ortofon do you have.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have a Ortofon 2M red cartridge. What difference do you think new cables, or putting plinths under the speakers would make.

A

Anonymous

I also have a brand new cambridge audio azur 340c CD player and that also sounds a bit bright with the Arcam and the Missions.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
ortofon cartridges are known for there detail and this will come through as bright or in your case shrill when new but when they bed in that detail becomes smoother and warmer.i know its fustrating at first but give it a month or so and you will notice a difference and the 2m looks to fit the rega arm perfectly,can you tell us was it easy to fit and is it aligned properly,is it set up with the correct weight about 1.75 grams.rega arms can be tricky to set the weight right but i suspect you know what your doing but for those who don't it is important.let us know how you get on and if you do have trouble with set up there are loads here on what hi-fi myself included with an easy guide to set up.good luck,grgeory.

A

Anonymous

Hi Gregory.

I took the deck into Practical Hi-Fi in Manchester after purchasing it off E-Bay, to see what they thought of it. They fitted the cartridge for me. I dont have a clue to be honest!

Thanks Kev.

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
well to be honest kev,i would trust that the dealer set it up right and let it bed in.if in about a months time it's no different get back touch and we'll take it from there.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts