• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Arcam & Cyrus setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
hi all,

I have made a great sin by selling my ARcam CD73 and buying a Cyurs CD8X instead of another ARcam product. I was tempted by saten himself as Moorgate audio have a mega post xmas deal of £450 while everyone else have them for £600. I know it is not the usual set up, but i just wanted to get your opinions on pairing an Arcam A18 and a Cyrus 8x. As I have only just purchased it and going to pick it up in the weekend I have not demoed them so I cant comment myself. Is there anyone who could tell me what im in for..............

cheers

jimdonnelly

Jun 22, 2007
I can't believe you bought without a demo. I hope it works out OK for you. It goes without saying that I hope you don't make any judgement for a least a couple of weeks. Good luck.

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
We've all been victim of impulse buying at some time in the past, but as jimdonnelly says, make sure you you give it a good run in before deciding whether it's good, bad or indifferent.

I've demo'd a Cyrus 8VS2 with my CD73T and it sounded impressive, especially with vocals - although I can't comment on the new generation Cyrus CD players.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS