• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Question Arcam CDS 50 and Arcam SA20

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
I have recently bought the Arcam kit CDS 50 (CD Player) and Arcam SA20 (Amplifier) and I love the sound it gives me.

I've been to the website, and there are updates to download. I can't find how to use these updates. Has anyone here bought this kit and updated your kit from the web site?

I've been in contact with Richer Sounds, and they are trying to find out for me. But I thought someone here might be able to help

Last edited:

Al ears

Surely this advice can be found in the user manual or on their FAQ pages
I am pretty sure many of the downloads are for control devices such as your mobile phone or simply information, but could be wrong. However some like the software version for the amp need to be downloaded to a memory stick once this is done you will see a Release Notes file that tells you exactly what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: insider9

Rodentman

Feb 21, 2020
So sorry I am late to the party here, but I recently returned my SA30 as there was a SW update that simply would not load OTA (over the air...???) Then I was listening, the amp shut down and the upload began. Took 30 minutes and didn't address the issues I and others were having with that unit.

Dealer said Arcam admits SW issues and dealer has suspended all sales of Arcam. I traded mine in for a McIntosh.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Thanks Rodentham for your response - I was unable to get the CD player to update from a memory stick. So I attached it to my Wifi and updated that way. Richer Sounds have told me that I should wait until my guarantee is nearly up, and then exchange the CD player.

The SA20 has updated without any problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

unrealdave

Apr 30, 2020
Richer Sounds have told me that I should wait until my guarantee is nearly up, and then exchange the CD player.
That does not make sense? The warranty is 2 years or 5 years with registration so do you seriously believe they will change it then?

I am just waiting for my CDS50 to turn up from SevenOaks so will see how i get on

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
That does not make sense? The warranty is 2 years or 5 years with registration so do you seriously believe they will change it then?

I am just waiting for my CDS50 to turn up from SevenOaks so will see how i get on
Richer Sounds gave me a 6 year warranty. And they said that I should exchange the device when the warranty is nearly up.

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Just spoken to the customer service manager at Richer Sounds, and he said he will get it sorted for me after lockdown. And I should be able to keep the Richer Sounds extended warranty.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts