Arcam BDP100

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello chaps,

I've been contemplating getting one of these for awhile, however there are the obvious let down detailed by many people and magazines. Doesn't anyone know if Arcam are due to release a software update to the player?

Cheers

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Your best hope is either to ring Arcam and ask to speak to Matt Frost; or have a search for a forum to do with AV, under the "Arcam Products" section.

I think the current software version is IP.L037B109R3

It's a great player (when it works), but I'm not sure if all it's problems have been sorted yet.

There is talk of a new Arcam BDP coming out, so it could prove sensible to hold fire....maybe another question for Matt.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
As CnoEvil said, great when it works, however there are too many gremlins to recommend at the moment. After the latest firmware upgrade mine has started spitting out EVERY disc I put in not to mention terrible lipsync issues and flashing static screen. I hope there is a new one coming out soon, it should be a free upgrade but no doubt they will charge us £500 for it.

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Well the new player is available to buy... BDP300, and the shocker is they are charging £500 to upgrade from the BDP100, pretty shocking for a player which should have been 3d ready from the outset.

davidvann

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
hi guys,i think with all the problems that the bdp 100 has had you would of thought a company like arcam would not charge to have the upgrade path done to sort these problems out ,i have a quiet a few issues with mine. To be honest iv`e lost hope with arcam ,they say one thing and do another.

pioneer lx 5080d arcam bdp 100,klyne 7 preamp,monarchy class a amp,chord hdmi,xlo limited cabels ,russ andrews power

block townshend sink platforms.

cheers david

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts