Arcam AVR400 trade-in offer

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If only Pioneer would so the same, I would trade my Lx83 for the LX85! I should start a petition :)

The AVR400 was impressive with music when i heard it!

A

Anonymous

It looks like it's a bit a pressure from Pioneer and Arcam is trying to compete with them!

Would y'all still buy a Pioneer LX-75? over an Arcam 400?

TheStorm said:
It looks like it's a bit a pressure from Pioneer and Arcam is trying to compete with them!

Would y'all still buy a Pioneer LX-75? over an Arcam 400?

Depends on what you want out of your system. Pioneer will be far superior for movies & Arcam will be better for music. Of course, it depends on which speakers you've got as well.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
So, in theory - buy any older av amp off fleabay say around the £100 mark (less if possible if one exists but I doubt) and you could trade in and still get the discount?

Despite their Gremlins, I have always wanted an arcam AV amp purely to do with their musicality as a one box solution.

I could then flog my Sony DA5400es av amp - add this to the kitty and rack up a huge saving.

Is it really that simple ?

psurquhart said:
So, in theory - buy any older av amp off fleabay say around the £100 mark (less if possible if one exists but I doubt) and you could trade in and still get the discount?

Despite their Gremlins, I have always wanted an arcam AV amp purely to do with their musicality as a one box solution.

I could then flog my Sony DA5400es av amp - add this to the kitty and rack up a huge saving.

Check Big Aura's link on the first page of this thread.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
psurquhart said:

Check Big Aura's link on the first page of this thread.

So, in answer to my own question ? Yes it is.

My only question now is - Is the Arcam 400 going to improve on what I already have ? That being a Sony DA5400es ?

Any thoughts ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
The original PMC GB1's Left & Right, original DB1 centre and MIssion 752 Freedoms as rears ( yes I know they are overkill but I cant bear to sell them).

The bass is so good on the PMC's that I still havent bought a sub (plus our walls are paperthin and the neighbours wouldnt approve).

I listen to alot of streamed via Airport Express stereo surround.

Also, please bear in mind, I paid peanuts for my Sony amp.

What do you reckon ? Early Christmas present or not ? Never been totally convinced on the Sonys musicality (my old Denon 3803 was lightyears ahead).

I was part of the Big Question feature last year where we compared a stereo amplifier with a few AV receivers to check which is better at music. The stereo amplifier obviously was the best. But interestingly, even Denon's budget receiver was more musical than Sony 5400. The Sony was quite weak in music.

Youll definitely hear a noticeable improvement. But demo to compare before buying.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
is that 400 not a bit under powered? I was temped by an offer on the AVR500 last year - £1300 as a brand new "A Grade" (Arcam A, rather than anyone else's!). At that price it was a bargain, but I just couldn't stomach the risk that it would be blighted by the Arcam gremlins. I'm very happy with my Denon 3312, so far...!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts