Arcam A19 vs Creek Evolution 50A (or Marantz PM6005?)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

peterpiper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
jesmat said:
rainsoothe said:
To the OP: go listen to this stuff and let your ears decide - best advice I ever got and, innitially, failed to follow. Screw 5 star ratings and all that jazz, if you have a good dealer and u explain what kind of music and what kind of sound you like, they will guide you on your way :)

Seconded.

I'm a novice with a 'budget' system of Concept 20 speakers, Marantz CD6005, QED Signature Revelation speaker cable and Atlas Equator III connects. I've tried it with a Creek 50a, Marantz PM6005 and my 20 year old Denon 350SE.

Despite the Creek being by far the most expensive of the amps - and having the best reputation - it was easily the worst sounding of the three. It lacked punch and musicality - very underwhelming indeed given the price tag and recommendations. The PM6005 and Denon brought music to life in a way that the Creek didn't.

So certainly don't rely solely on the recommendations before spending big money.

Good for you,

Certain forumers will tell you that you are wrong ! there is no way a PM6005 'brings music to life' over somethinglike a creek50a ,

its been said before, but spending more does not necassarily give you a better musical enjoyment, trust your own ears

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts