Arcam A19 and Project Debut III SE - problem pairing

abakar

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hey all, apologies for being a complete newb here. I've had the Arcam A19 for a while and recently took the plunge to get a turntable. For some reason it just sounds really quiet. Otherwise using different sound sources it sounds great. Connected it to the phono output but still no good. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks a lot in advance

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
abakar said:
Hey all, apologies for being a complete newb here. I've had the Arcam A19 for a while and recently took the plunge to get a turntable. For some reason it just sounds really quiet. Otherwise using different sound sources it sounds great. Connected it to the phono output but still no good. Any thoughts on what the issue might be?

Thanks a lot in advance

What volume settings do you find yourself using for your various sources?

How does your record player sound if you simply turn up the volume control to match the level of the other sources?

The Mad One

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
abakar

This should help:

Line-level phono input

The phono input may be changed from phono-level to line-level. Press the front panel PHONO and BALANCE buttons simultaneously and use the control knob to change the setting. The front panel display shows LINE- OFF (i.e. phono) or LINE- ON respectively.
If you wish to use an external phono amplifier, connect its output to the PHONO (MM) input, but make sure that LINE- ON is selected, since a phono amplifier produces line-level input.

Regards

davedotco said:
abakar said:

Thanks a lot in advance

What volume settings do you find yourself using for your various sources?

How does your record player sound if you simply turn up the volume control to match the level of the other sources?

True that many of these entry-level carts (Ortofon in particular) have a fairly low MVs. That's the only criticism I have of the ClearAudio.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts