Arcam 6 CD player upgrade.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hello I'm thinking of upgrading my CD player for either an Arcam 7, 8 or 9 (if i can find one on Ebay). What are peoples opinions on Arcam CD players I listen mainly to Leftfield, Underworld, Layo & Bushwacker, Fischerspooner, Hed Kandi, Danny Tenaglia and some heavy metal (Systems of a Down, Iron Maiden) etc. I find that my Arcam 6 is good, but sometimes it's not lively enough for me. My budget wont allow me to buy new so will be going down the Ebay route. Any opinions/advice welcome.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
I used to have a 7 and my dad has a 6 and to my mind there's not much difference. I would go for a 9 and a 9P, or even later and go for a CD92 with A85, and even a P85 if you can stretch to it.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hi Joel

Already got the Arcam 9 amp and 9P power amp. Just not feeling much for the Arcam 6 CD player.

Looked at the CD72's but a bit priocey i feel, well some of them are. Will keep my eyes open on Ebay.

Any other CD players i should look at? Maranzt/Rotel/Cambridge Audio?

I would prefer to stick with Arcam as i can power the amps via the remote etc!

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I'm currently watching a number of Arcam 7 & 8 CD players on Ebay currently (some are 7Se & 8SE players)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Arcam-Alpha-8SE-CD-Player-HDCD-Superb-sound-Boxed_W0QQitemZ180179610254QQihZ008QQcategoryZ3272QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone think that this is a high price for thic CD Player? Also, whats the main differences between this and an Arcam 8 CD Player (i've been offered one for £100 + postage). Is the 8SE really going to make that much a difference in sound compared to the 8CD player?

Ta

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Well.

I've upgraded

Bought an Arcam 8 CD Player in pristine condition (pristine working order too as it has just been serviced) so v happy

Thanks for all/any advice!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts