Aptx Bluetooth Speaker for Bathroom

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have a Saturn aventree transmitter from av amp via the RCA preout connecting to a JBL Charge 3 in bathroom but the delay is too much compared to the rest of the flat! The rest of the flat speakers are wired from the amp. Can anyone recommend a speaker suitable for bathroom (doesn't come in the shower with me so resistant should be fine, just steam proof is needed), where the latency wouldn't be noticeable? I'm thinking a aptx speaker would resolve this? Thanks

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
The JBL Charge 3 speaker is not aptX. So I assume what you are hearing is the latency due to the SBC encoding / decoding, There is an article that suggests that the latency for conventional Bluetooth (SBC) is around 200ms or more as opposed to 40ms with aptX. Can you borrow an aptX speaker to check whether that kind of latency is acceptable then go ahead based on the outcome of that test.

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
tino said:
The JBL Charge 3 speaker is not aptX. So I assume what you are hearing is the latency due to the SBC encoding / decoding, There is an article that suggests that the latency for conventional Bluetooth (SBC) is around 200ms or more as opposed to 40ms with aptX. Can you borrow an aptX speaker to check whether that kind of latency is acceptable then go ahead based on the outcome of that test.
Thanks for this. So it should reduce quite a bit noticeable difference? Don't know anyone to borrow from unfortunately. The plan will be to take the JBL back and buy a replacement. Just can't see any aptx suitable for bathroom environment. If I can find one I'll buy and then test that way. Will return if no good. Thanks

bdf123

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I ended up getting a Denon Envaya Mini! There doesn't seem to be many around but it fit the bill on paper and price.

Ive done a quick sound test before work and it definitely sounds more in sync! The only thing I notice is that the sound is quieter meaning the volume of the amp has to be turned up more but then this means the wired speakers are louder and could p*ss off neigbours.

im using the Saturn aventree transmitter on the right and left preput using the RCA connectors. Can anyone recommend whether that's the best output? Or is there another output I could use? I have a pioneer vsx 924 amp.

Or alternatively is there a way of driving more volume from the amp to Bluetooth speaker but retain the wired speakers at a lower level? thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts