Apple TV3 finally jailbroken!!

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Just randomly checked Firecore website, & noticed this news posted yesterday :cheer: http://firecoreseas0npass.blogspot.co.uk/

So what does that mean? Was it just a challenge to see if it could be done? Or does it give extra functionality to the ATV3?

Access to iPlayer, ITV Player, 4oD would be good but that involves either...

(a) BBC, ITV etc. putting compatibility in place at their end for a jailbroken device

(b) Clever people providing software updates that will make your ATV 'spoof' an established iPlayer platform (like Bravia or Humax/YouView or whatever Samsung Smart TVs use).

My Apple TV 2 (jailbroken with Firecore installed) is a powerful network media player, & can play movies wirelessly off my NAS drive. They have been unable to jailbreak Apple TV3 yet. Apple Tav3 is 1080p, while 2 is only 720p. Check ebay & Amazon for going price of used Apple TV2.....almost £200....it is for this reason.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Ooh this could be exciting.

There are indeed loads of scams out there, but it seems trustworthy if it's on the Firecore site.

XMBC is the main reason for jail breaking in my opinion...

I'll await further confirmation and / or a YouTube vid of someone doing it before I get one to join my ATV2. I bet if you paid £200 for an ATV2 recently you'll be angry!

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
bigboss said:
rjb70stoke said:
I'd say that site is a scam. All the links revert to that page.

Not really. I have Firecore installed on my apple TV 2 which was jailbroken with seas0npass more than a year ago.

What I mean, is, that link that you posted, is a false link and could well damage your computer. Click through it, all links lead back to the same page.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
rjb70stoke said:
What I mean, is, that link that you posted, is a false link and could well damage your computer.

How on earth did you jump to that conclusion? A page of HTML can do no such thing...

Or are you referring to the file you download? In which case yes, you take your chances as with all software you download and run.

rjb70stoke

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
roger06 said:
rjb70stoke said:
What I mean, is, that link that you posted, is a false link and could well damage your computer.

How on earth did you jump to that conclusion? A page of HTML can do no such thing...

Or are you referring to the file you download? In which case yes, you take your chances as with all software you download and run.

1. Because if you do click on the download link, it asks you to fill in a survey, which, are well known to transmit malware etc. and of course you will be entering your details falsely.

2. If you go to the "real" Firecore website. Their Blog makes no mention of the ATV3 jailbreak. Im guessing they would be making quite a splash about it if true.

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
rjb70stoke said:
roger06 said:
rjb70stoke said:

1. Because if you do click on the download link, it asks you to fill in a survey, which, are well known to transmit malware etc. and of course you will be entering your details falsely.

2. If you go to the "real" Firecore website. Their Blog makes no mention of the ATV3 jailbreak. Im guessing they would be making quite a splash about it if true.

Sadly, I think you're right...

smiley-cry.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts