apple tv against the sony smpn100 a couple of questions

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
can the sony stream spotify??

can the sony stream i tunes??

if the answer is yes the above i may get one instead of an apple tv which i getting on the 25th thanks for the help

Paul.

It doesn't work with Spotify, it only works with sony's own version Qriocity. Don't think it works with iTunes either. But as it has DLNA capability I assume you can stream your iTunes folder to it if managed manually?

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
cheers its spotify premium why im buying it i only have around 200 cds where spotify to me and the mrs is priceless. thanks i would of found it hard anyway to turn my back on apple tv 2 gen. lots od people are loving it.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
paul sorry to go off the thread but im upgrading my sub in june is the t3 good i like the look and the £250 price. plus how come you changed you centre to the new bronze bx is it alot better than the older brlcr. thanks

Paul.

I built my system in a bit of a weird way, I had no intention of going AV when I bought my BR5s, I bought them for a stereo setup. I then tried to fill out the AV package about a year later when I ditched my Marantz for the Onkyo. So to answer your question, the BR centre was not available in walnut when I came to buy, but have been informed by a few people since then that the BX was a significant improvement anyway. So dumb luck really!

I only compared the T3 and the Monitor Audio BR. The T3 makes alot of noise for its compact size, is a steal at £250 and is very musical with the high level connector. It blends perfectly with the BRs. If you have a big room to fill or like shaking the house down, there are bigger subs you can buy for the same money!

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks paul was hoping yousay that i want i really good sub,but have a smallish room i to was not impressed enough with the ma bronze sub to spend £350 so i went for a stop gap but its been with me 18months its not great.where did you demo your t3 at

A

Anonymous

U can stream the sound output of your pc to practically any dlna/upnp enabled device using something like Jamcast or Asset UpnP,

So I see no reason no reason why this wouldnt stream whatever Spotify or Itunes is playing to a SMP100.

Something like a playon!HD mini2 might be better than an AppleTV.

Its a full blown 1080p media player with huge format support for the same money.

Paul.

I demoed at Sevenoaks, got great service. I think they are running low on T3s however, they advertise at £309 now but sure they will pricematch to £250.

Bare in mind, when I bought my sub, centre and rears, my Dad bought his Onkyo 808 at the same time, so they may have given us more collective discount than normal.

Paul.

Looks like apple TV3 will have A5 processor in it in september, so will support 1080p. That is assuming it follows a yearly upgrade cycle like the rest of the iOS products.

http://www.9to5mac.com/54821/a5-powered-apple-tv-to-handle-1080p-video/#more-54821

TRENDING THREADS