Apple at WWDC

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Not liking the dumbed-down Yosemite icons, dock and interface, predictably adopted from iOS7 (and now 8 ). I must be one of the few who thought the skeuomorphism which Ives hates so much was one of the things that gave the GUI an air of sophistication compared to the basic 8-colour and 16-colour interfaces we started with on Windows 3.1 and Amiga Workbench some 25-30 years ago. Surprised to see all their developer deciples ooo'ing and ahh-ing at the new semi-transparent toolbars and windows headers. Presumably none of the 6000+ of them had ever seen a Windows PC running Vista or 7.

What I do like though is the closer iOS-OSX integration allowing me to properly make/receive calls and texts on my Mac to/from anyone, instead of only to/from other iOS users. I also had a look at the revised iOS SDK and I think that the additional flexibilities that allow third-party apps to integrate better with the OS yet share data both with each other and the OS look really exciting. Oh and the new Swift programming language is well-cool.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts