Apple about to buy Sonos?

scene

This will be a massive coup! Perhaps issues with Google has driven Sonos to take this call?

I just saw this...

Ok, knowing Apple's approach to pricing, I would think the trade up offer may go... And I hope they don't reduce their support for Android... But you're right, the Sonos/Google spat has probably helped fuel this

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 116933

In what way does Sonos "always go wrong"? I've had Sonos for 11 years and never had any issues.

Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean there's not known problems, like the beam ARC issue that plague a lot of customers including me. And the fact it took me a few good attempts to get the beam to connect the network even when hard wired (forget wireless it wasn't having it and it works fine with everything else). For something that is touted as being simple and almost plug and play, it took a very very long time to troubleshoot and sort. As for the ARC is still haven't managed to iron out all it kinks looks like ill have to reconfigure the speaker.

I think it would be good if apple where to purchase them they're a company that is certainly struggling at this moment in time and would save a lot of jobs.

Just because you don't have a problem doesn't mean there's not known problems, like the beam ARC issue that plague a lot of customers including me. And the fact it took me a few good attempts to get the beam to connect the network even when hard wired (forget wireless it wasn't having it and it works fine with everything else). For something that is touted as being simple and almost plug and play, it took a very very long time to troubleshoot and sort. As for the ARC is still haven't managed to iron out all it kinks looks like ill have to reconfigure the speaker.

I think it would be good if apple where to purchase them they're a company that is certainly struggling at this moment in time and would save a lot of jobs.
I was alluding to the fact that stating "always goes wrong" without explaining the reason is unhelpful.

I have connected my Sonos to Google Assistant and I have in Google Home configured Spotify as my default music provider. The Play Music button works. But when I swipe to the Spotify screen I can't pick a playlist, all I get is "Sorry I don't understand" Do you know what's wrong with it?
Can you elaborate on this? Which app are you trying? Spotify or Sonos or Google Home?

D

Deleted member 116933

I was alluding to the fact that stating "always goes wrong" without explaining the reason is unhelpful.

Oh right bit sharp though. "I've had Sonos for 11 years and never had any issues" If the beam is anything to go by, the latest products seem to quite troublesome.

Oh right bit sharp though. "I've had Sonos for 11 years and never had any issues" If the beam is anything to go by, the latest products seem to quite troublesome.
It is what it is. I haven't faced any issues. So was merely clarifying with the poster the specific issues he / she faced. Not sure why you think that's sharp? If you've had issues with the Beam, you've had issues. I've never said Sonos suffers from no issues.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts