apollo rega vs. cyrus cd8x

A

Anonymous

Rune:
which is the best, the rega apollo or the cyrus cd8x...?

I have a onkyo 905. speaker is jamo 707i in front and martin audio as suround

The Apollo probably doesn't have the detail of the 8x nor the bass control but it has a better tonal balance to my ears. I'd buy the Apollo without hesitation.

EDIT - sorry, should have said, I think the Apollo has a warmer sound than the Cyrus which can be a bit more stark.

A

Anonymous

I have an apollo running through my 905 and its great. Plus it matches the amp way better than the cyrus.

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
It's obviously a personal choice, but I'd go with Apoolo as well. I just don't get the Cyrus hysteria, just sounds a bit cold and clinical to me.

A

Anonymous

The only time I heard a good Cyrus CD player was...

I didn't.

The Apollo is the best at the price by a mile.

A

Anonymous

I will go against the grain here.

Get the 8x, it is an excellent player. I compared both only recently. My plan was to buy some rega kit and the cdp although very good and verry tonally accurate it wasn't very envolving. It just played music VERY well and was very musical on its own.

However, as soon as i swapped the rega for the 8x the detail, timing and bass extensive immediatly was improved and noticable. Detail is what you need from a cd player, good source resolution timing and accuracy. The bass on the 8x was a massive improvement. Very tight and a lot more obvious. To the point that i listened to a track on the rega and the straight after the same track on the 8x and i was like omg that bass wasn't there on the rega, its much deeper and tighter.

Its true what they say, the 8x with a cyrus integrated is bright and running with speakers with metal tweeters is horrid. Pair the 8x with a good musical amp and good speakers and you will have a superb detailed system.

So, i would choose the 8x if it pairs well, loads more pace, better timing, better resolution and detail, let the amp make it more musical and ensure they go well with your speakers! ÿ

ÿ

ÿ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts